Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't sell to a Premier League club. We can't be selling our best striker to a rival team and the. Expect to compete against said rival team in the next season.

Teams who can afford what we will demand (starting price will be £50mil IMO)

Prem:
1. City
2. Arsenal
3. United
4. Chelsea
5. RS (not gonna happen)
6. Spurs (extremely doubtful)

Europe:
1. Real (unless he scores loads at the Euros, not happening)
2. Barca (no)
3. Atleti (only if they sell Griezmann)
4. Bayern (their record fee is £28mil I believe - so doubtful)
5. Juve (only if they sell Pogba)
6. PSG

It's not a huge list when you narrow it down to the teams that definitely have the money without having to sell first. Realistically only 5 teams as I can't see Real or Barca being interested.

Spot on mate.

It's a bit like the whole Koeman thing.

Evertonians ultimately overestimating our appeal as a club currently.

Let's say Rom goes and we get £50mil. I'd say it's probably realistic.

Some say 'that's enough to get two class strikers'. Well, yes, that's true. However, can we 'attract' two class strikers who are proven?

The PL is a completely different kettle of fish compared to Europe.

Soldado, for example, was a 25-goal per-season striker at Valencia, yet he flopped at Spurs.

So, we'd have to get it spot on.

Somebody like Lacazette I think could very well come straight into the league and score goals, but then I think it's a balancing act of who we got in alongside him (or a player like that).

We're not going to be going and signing anybody who is at a 'big' CL club, realistically. Batshuayi is another one who is definitely leaving Marseille this summer and should have what it takes to make it at this level.

Interesting read on thos two here:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...hy-batshuayi-who-your-club-should-sign-summer

I can't personally think of anyone in Spain or Portugal (bar the obvious ones) that would definitely be a good replacement. Bakambu from Villarreal has had a good season but still would be a gamble and looked a but Niasse against the RS.
There are new players coming along all the time , new strikers that are only just breaking through, it's not as if they have stopped making them.
I would gladly take 65m for Lukaku if he decides that he wants to leave. He is too inconsistent and for me his attitude can be very bad or very good depending on his mood. He has had a shocking attitude for the last number of months and really left his manager down.
People talk about Lukaku being such a young player, but, they ignore that he is already vastly experienced.
If he wants to stay, great, but if he chooses to leave as his Dad has said he will , get a good price and move on.

Prem:
1. City
2. Arsenal
3. United
4. Chelsea
5. RS (not gonna happen)

Europe:
2. Barca (no)
6. PSG

It's not a huge list when you narrow it down to the teams that definitely have the money without having to sell first. Realistically only 5 teams as I can't see Real or Barca being interested.
Hard luck for Rom then.

Surely this world class striker he thinks he is would have every club in the world chasing his signature?

Ah I see.

Well, all the better if we are demanding £65mil. Think myself at that price I can only see it being United he'll be going to, unless Arsene has gone mental or Pep is thinking of playing 4-4-2.

Or PSG, obviously.

Y'know what, I never even considered ARSENAL...MY GOD...has this been the plan all along...get the MOSH here, farm ROM to the ARSE.

GENIUS.

Actually could be WENGERS Suarez for this year.

Hmmm...

This is my concern and it's worrying. Sound, we can prob pay transfer fees and a decent wage now but...well, pains me to say it, but there's not THAT much appeal to come here is there? That may well change depending on the management appointment like - (which is why it's vital that's boxed ASAP) - but to the outsider we finished 11th, have no manager and the better players are making noises to off...and who do you bring in to replace him anyway?

Imagine, billionaire owner, start season with KONE & NIASSE....stuff of nightmares that.

The MOSH's sales pitch needs to be spot on in the coming weeks, right across the board, that's fo dammmmmn sures....

I think its totally pivotal to what will happen. He will decide who he wants and it will be up to him to shape the way forward and attract new talent. The financial infrastructure is strong now and the new manager will be in to hit the ground running for the new season with his new set up. If players don't fancy coming to Everton they can get stuffed.....and that's always been the case with me, likewise for players who dont fancy staying !

Prem:
1. City
2. Arsenal
3. United
4. Chelsea
5. RS (not gonna happen)

Europe:
2. Barca (no)
6. PSG

Apparently Real want Lewandowski... If they go and get him, Bayern will have money to spend.

PSG i have said from the start, i think its nails on now Ibra is leaving.

There are new players coming along all the time , new strikers that are only just breaking through, it's not as if they have stopped making them.
I would gladly take 65m for Lukaku if he decides that he wants to leave. He is too inconsistent and for me his attitude can be very bad or very good depending on his mood. He has had a shocking attitude for the last number of months and really left his manager down.
People talk about Lukaku being such a young player, but, they ignore that he is already vastly experienced.
If he wants to stay, great, but if he chooses to leave as his Dad has said he will , get a good price and move on.

I agree mate but the point is it isn't going to be easy as some are making out - even with the money - to replace his goals.

Spurs proved that with Bale and Liverpool with Suarez.

If he wants out, he can go for me - assuming someone is prepared to pay the asking price (not a given)

No player is bigger than the club, and Lukaku has always seen us as a stepping stone. We've had 3 years out of him and if we double our money, then he can go with my blessing.

Replacing him will be an incredibly difficult task, however, it depends on the new managers preferred formation, as to just how difficult that might be - as God forbid, we might actually hire a manger who prefers to play with 2 strikers........Lordy....

Y'know what, I never even considered ARSENAL...MY GOD...has this been the plan all along...get the MOSH here, farm ROM to the ARSE.

GENIUS.

Actually could be WENGERS Suarez for this year.

Hmmm...

Last game I went to at Goodison was the Arsenal one back in March.

Spoke to loads of the southern fairies on the train, but they were all saying how much they wanted Rom to be their big signing (this was just after he demolished Chelsea, mind).

But, really, he is exactly what Arsenal need. United too, tbh, need a player like that to go along with Rashford and Martial, and whatever some of our fans say there is a huge step up from playing for Everton to United.

Hard luck for Rom then.

Surely this world class striker he thinks he is would have every club in the world chasing his signature?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be the best or having ambition.

For me though the last few weeks have proved he needs one more season here to help his development. However, you can hardly blame him for wanting to move on.

And I'm sure most clubs in the world would gladly take him. The ones I mentioned above are the ones who can afford him. You could possibly throw Dortmund in there if they sold Aubameyang and Reus.

I agree mate but the point is it isn't going to be easy as some are making out - even with the money - to replace his goals.

Spurs proved that with Bale and Liverpool with Suarez.

Key if we get that figure for him is is defo not to get 6 £10m players, but 2 £30m players... who i dunno, but quality rather then quantity.

Key if we get that figure for him is is defo not to get 6 £10m players, but 2 £30m players... who i dunno, but quality rather then quantity.

That's the thing though mate.

As a club currently it will be very hard for us to attract two £30mil players. We aren't in that position, ultimately, even with money to spend.

Plus I'm very much struggling to think of many players in the '£30mil bracket' that aren't already at huge clubs.

Lacazette should be about £20mil, Batshuayi about £12mil. Aubameyang is class but will only leave Dortmund for a CL club. Morata at Juve etc. Higuain would only leave Napoli for CL, and they have that next season anyway.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be the best or having ambition.

For me though the last few weeks have proved he needs one more season here to help his development. However, you can hardly blame him for wanting to move on.

And I'm sure most clubs in the world would gladly take him. The ones I mentioned above are the ones who can afford him. You could possibly throw Dortmund in there if they sold Aubameyang and Reus.
If he can't see himself staying the length of his contract - don't sign one.

The lad needs a change of attitude if he is to ever be anywhere near the level he thinks he is.

He puts in the level of performances he has done for us the past three months, he will find himself rotting on a bench or being loaned out for the rest of his career.

I'd tell his Dad to keep a lid on it too. Absolutely hate the way transfers are conducted nowadays. Have a little respect for the club who is supplying you with a very good living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back