Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams who can afford what we will demand (starting price will be £50mil IMO)

Prem:
1. City
2. Arsenal
3. United
4. Chelsea
5. RS (not gonna happen)
6. Spurs (extremely doubtful)

Europe:
1. Real (unless he scores loads at the Euros, not happening)
2. Barca (no)
3. Atleti (only if they sell Griezmann)
4. Bayern (their record fee is £28mil I believe - so doubtful)
5. Juve (only if they sell Pogba)
6. PSG

It's not a huge list when you narrow it down to the teams that definitely have the money without having to sell first. Realistically only 5 teams as I can't see Real or Barca being interested.

Forget the tight arse Wenger. He will make a bid worths £18m.

Interesting his dad is banging on about Bayern, think he could do well in that league. Mind you I could get 20 a season playing for them.....................OK maybe not, but you catch my drift.

Bayern or PSG would be a good move for him.

65m is amazing but who do you actually replace him with there? The Belgian lad whose name looks like someone kicked over the Scrabble board? Lacazette? For me the only one who I'd really love to see would be Mauro Icardi, got a release clause that we could activate and if you can do it against Italian teams with their fetish for defence, you can do it anywhere imo.

Mate, come off it.

Players sign huge contracts all the time. They mean jot. It's more insurance on our part that we knew that two years into his deal, we'd still be able to demand loads because he has three years left.

What's done is done and what's said is said.

He single-handedly dragged us through this season before he tailed off. To me that proves he's not ready. It may prove it to other big clubs as well so we'll just wait and see.

There's no need to get worked up over it. If he goes he goes and we'll get a huge fee for him.

I won't be happy about it but I won't be angry - it happens.

The point is is that it's going to be difficult - even with the money - to replace his goals. We'll have to get it right and as @chazzle_dazzle and @TheHumbleEgg have pointed out that is by going for quality (£25mil/30mil) players rather than 5 £10mil players. However, as a club we aren't in a brilliant position to attract two £25mil forwards.

For one, there aren't that many about and secondly, the ones that are about are at big clubs already.

It'll be interesting, but getting that right is key if Rom does go.

Yep...JOT.

...modern football contracts have so little meaning as to what they're actually supposed to be, they're bartering tools, nothing more, nothing less. The only time the length of time matters on one to ANY footballer is when they hit 32-33 and think it'll be their last one whence - amazingly - they become generally HUGELY arsed about the length of term offered. Until then they're little more than a tool to negotiate with, be bought out of or be used as leverage by the club holding it...

A sad state of affairs like but that's the way it is innit.

They'll kiss any badge if the money's good.

And, as peeved as I'll be to lose him, we have to face facts and apply it to ourselves.... 'Mate, d'ya wanna earn 80k a week here for four years or you can move 60 miles away, on double-you-dough for five years...and we'll throw in a house if ya want...and a load of contractual perky-poo's too...'

Waddya do?

*Obvs stay with EVERTON cos' there's nowhere better to be like...

The prob with this player though is he's pretty well what we've cried out for for MANY years and never got near to having. Now we've got it and it may want off then it's gonna be tough to replace.

We should have the new manager in well before the window opens(end of this week would be great)if Rom and the rest will not work with him then its bye bye at a price we are happy with. His old man should keep his gob shut.

I agree, thats why I think he'll find more admirers if he stays for a year under a proper fitness / training regime. Him and Del were amongst the worst imo.

DEL at times....blimey...reminded meself OF meself at some points when - yonks ago - I was forced to do cross country after smoking three succesive cigarettes behind the changies. Collared. November. Freezin'. Knackered.

After abarrrr 16 yards...

I was prob fitter than he.

#Wasnt

Whait is it with Belgians and their arl fellas getting involved?

Felliani's was the same if I remember.

If we sign another Belgian, we need to insert a clause telling them to pipe their dads down! ;)

Hold him to his contract - like Liverpool did with Suarez - end of story

MASSIVE part of me agrees with this and thinks it's the correct thing to do, sort of...that'll learn him & shut up ROGER kinda thing...

Other part of me says '65 mil, nice one' but more than that...if he doesn't want to be here and isn't committed to the MOSH's long-game...then, really, ta-ra, it's been nice...he wouldn't deserve the loyalty afforded him.

He'd be perfect for them. Arsene has Giroud if he wants a player who can hold up the ball. What they need is a striker who can run in behind. Arsenal play a lot quicker than they're given credit for, as well.

Yeah they've got Giroud to play the hold up role up top.

So with Giroud holding the ball up who would make way for a Striker???? And what about his first touch?

65mil for Rom, 45mil for Stones ... Plus 100mil to invest in players.

I'm sure we could find suitable replacements - or 16 Niasse's

Rom is a beast and I think will go on to be a top player. However we don't need to sell and if no one comes in at the asking price I think we should say tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back