Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a feeling Martinez made a deal with rom and stones to give him 1 more year and if we don't make champions league he will let them go. I'm not sure we need to replace rom with another 25/30 goal a season striker, although it would be nice. Sort our defence out and get the midfield chipping in and we wouldn't need a 25 goal striker. No guarantee rom would score 20+ goals again this year, remember Martinez played suicidal attacking football for most of the year,which helped rom, but killed the team.

So with Giroud holding the ball up who would make way for a Striker???? And what about his first touch?

Different systems.

Wenger plays one up top. If it's a game where they'll have to hit a target man they can have Giroud.

Rom can do a bit of both.

Why the thing about his first touch? Genuinely that's proper 2015 :D

His control has really improved this last year or so. He/the coaching staff obviously worked hard on it.

65mil for Rom, 45mil for Stones ... Plus 100mil to invest in players.

I'm sure we could find suitable replacements - or 16 Niasse's

We don't have anywhere near that mate.

Sensible figures are about £30mil not including sales. It'll go up to £100mil if Stones/Rom do go, mind.

Just as if Arsenal would consider smashing their club record for a striker who scored one more than their present lump, and has zero impact in the sort of big games that they keep losing.

he will still be here next season, will bang in another 20 goals, and that still wont be enough for those who all of a sudden feel brave enough to slate him again, get back under your rocks

If he reads some of the comments in here, he'd be hard to find a reason to stay with so many "fans" hating your guts.

We don't have anywhere near that mate.

Sensible figures are about £30mil not including sales. It'll go up to £100mil if Stones/Rom do go, mind.
Be much more than 30, don't forget tv money went up 50%, then its just a case of how much mosh is going to stick in. Should have a fair chunk to go at

Here is the jist of the Guardian article, so let's break it down...

Now Lukaku’s father, Roger – a former striker himself for Zaire (now known as the Democratic Republic of Congo) – has admitted he expects his son to leave Goodison Park this summer if Everton’s valuation is met.

The key word in the above sentence is 'if'.
Everton are asking around £65m for Rom. I think a transfer will be done before the Euros,” he told the Belgian magazine Humo. “I hope and believe that Mino [Raiola, Lukaku’s agent] is fair, and that he is acting in the best interest of the player.

Who from Everton has made any such assertion that a. there is a price tag on Rom at this time and b.what any such price might be ?
And he 'hopes' that the agent is fair - he's a gold mine of facts and total first hand knowledge isn't he ?

Romelu will decide his future, but agents have the last word most of the time. I hope and I think Mino Raiola is a honest man.

Ah, so he admits that Rom will decide, not him or necessarily the agent... so unless Rom submits a transfer request and Everton agree to grant it, he's going nowhere. And again, he can only hope that the agent is 'honest'.

Now, with Romelu it will be quickly arranged. Whether the transfer has been sorted? Almost. I think it will be in place before the European Championship.

A. It won't be arranged quickly, B. He has no idea whether anything has been sorted, so he can't have spoken with Rom and C. He only thinks something may be in place - doesn't sound like a particularly well-informed father to me, more like a father looking a hand-out from a rich son.

Lukaku, who joined Chelsea from Anderlecht in 2011 for an initial fee of £10m, has been linked with a return to Stamford Bridge this summer. However, his father has revealed he would prefer a move to the Bundesliga. “Right now, I think the most suitable clubs for him are Bayern Munich or Manchester United,” he said.

And once again, it's all his thinking, not one scrap or crumb of factual, credible evidence from the player himself.

Just as if Arsenal would consider smashing their club record for a striker who scored one more than their present lump, and has zero impact in the sort of big games that they keep losing.

I don't think Arsenal will, they never do, they make money and come 4th, second in fact this season, expect Wenger to say to them keep your money Ill get us top 4 again regardless, just give me a new contract.

Be much more than 30, don't forget tv money went up 50%, then its just a case of how much mosh is going to stick in. Should have a fair chunk to go at

well we have sizable debt. I presume a lot of any investment/TV money is going towards that. There's no chance we've got anywhere near £100mil to spend without factoring in player sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back