Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the jist of the Guardian article, so let's break it down...

Now Lukaku’s father, Roger – a former striker himself for Zaire (now known as the Democratic Republic of Congo) – has admitted he expects his son to leave Goodison Park this summer if Everton’s valuation is met.

The key word in the above sentence is 'if'.
Everton are asking around £65m for Rom. I think a transfer will be done before the Euros,” he told the Belgian magazine Humo. “I hope and believe that Mino [Raiola, Lukaku’s agent] is fair, and that he is acting in the best interest of the player.

Who from Everton has made any such assertion that a. there is a price tag on Rom at this time and b.what any such price might be ?
And he 'hopes' that the agent is fair - he's a gold mine of facts and total first hand knowledge isn't he ?

Romelu will decide his future, but agents have the last word most of the time. I hope and I think Mino Raiola is a honest man.

Ah, so he admits that Rom will decide, not him or necessarily the agent... so unless Rom submits a transfer request and Everton agree to grant it, he's going nowhere. And again, he can only hope that the agent is 'honest'.

Now, with Romelu it will be quickly arranged. Whether the transfer has been sorted? Almost. I think it will be in place before the European Championship.

A. It won't be arranged quickly, B. He has no idea whether anything has been sorted, so he can't have spoken with Rom and C. He only thinks something may be in place - doesn't sound like a particularly well-informed father to me, more like a father looking a hand-out from a rich son.

Lukaku, who joined Chelsea from Anderlecht in 2011 for an initial fee of £10m, has been linked with a return to Stamford Bridge this summer. However, his father has revealed he would prefer a move to the Bundesliga. “Right now, I think the most suitable clubs for him are Bayern Munich or Manchester United,” he said.

And once again, it's all his thinking, not one scrap or crumb of factual, credible evidence from the player himself.

Everton, know your place and sell to the big boys!

Here is the jist of the Guardian article, so let's break it down...

Now Lukaku’s father, Roger – a former striker himself for Zaire (now known as the Democratic Republic of Congo) – has admitted he expects his son to leave Goodison Park this summer if Everton’s valuation is met.

The key word in the above sentence is 'if'.
Everton are asking around £65m for Rom. I think a transfer will be done before the Euros,” he told the Belgian magazine Humo. “I hope and believe that Mino [Raiola, Lukaku’s agent] is fair, and that he is acting in the best interest of the player.

Who from Everton has made any such assertion that a. there is a price tag on Rom at this time and b.what any such price might be ?
And he 'hopes' that the agent is fair - he's a gold mine of facts and total first hand knowledge isn't he ?

Romelu will decide his future, but agents have the last word most of the time. I hope and I think Mino Raiola is a honest man.

Ah, so he admits that Rom will decide, not him or necessarily the agent... so unless Rom submits a transfer request and Everton agree to grant it, he's going nowhere. And again, he can only hope that the agent is 'honest'.

Now, with Romelu it will be quickly arranged. Whether the transfer has been sorted? Almost. I think it will be in place before the European Championship.

A. It won't be arranged quickly, B. He has no idea whether anything has been sorted, so he can't have spoken with Rom and C. He only thinks something may be in place - doesn't sound like a particularly well-informed father to me, more like a father looking a hand-out from a rich son.

Lukaku, who joined Chelsea from Anderlecht in 2011 for an initial fee of £10m, has been linked with a return to Stamford Bridge this summer. However, his father has revealed he would prefer a move to the Bundesliga. “Right now, I think the most suitable clubs for him are Bayern Munich or Manchester United,” he said.

And once again, it's all his thinking, not one scrap or crumb of factual, credible evidence from the player himself.

the interview is taken from the Belgium press isn't it? Rom is one of their prize assets and they want to see him play for an elite club like Real or Bayern. Manchester United, whilst not the superpower they were are still one of the biggest names in world football. It's the same with any of their International players (remember Felliani a few years ago). The dad was probably briefed by Raiola to do this interview as soon as the season was over and he was away from the club to alert what they deem as appropriate suitors. I don't think Rom has much to do with it but equally i think he trusts his people entirely and will assume what ever they say and do is the right way. Make no mistake though, Everton have all the power and control here. If we don't want to sell or if no one meets our valuation (what ever that is) then he stays. less and less players are forcing moves these days because clubs don't need to sell.

Whoever the new manager is should stamp his authority straight off by telling lukaku your under contract and your staying,, and ffs rom lad your a grown up now dont be running cryin to yer dad like a 3yr old whos dropped his ice cream.

If he reads some of the comments in here, he'd be hard to find a reason to stay with so many "fans" hating your guts.
some of the utter guff we have had up front as well over the years, some of the dinosaurs on here just want a marcus bent running channels and scoring no goals, it's like david moyes has a load of multi's on here, you have to wonder what the agenda is

Silly money being quoted.anybody with a sane mind would know £65000000 would be a risk especially watching his performances since that chelsea match. I think hes amazing but needs to be more consistent and needs to practice the art of penalties.

some of the utter guff we have had up front as well over the years, some of the dinosaurs on here just want a marcus bent running channels and scoring no goals, it's like david moyes has a load of multi's on here, you have to wonder what the agenda is
moyes would have ruined him. lukaku has the potential to be 1 of the best in europe if he can be more consistent. I think he scored 1 in the last 9 an still got 20+ for the season. We shouldnt be entertaining the idea of selling.

Asking price of 65 mill great stuff I would snatch their hand off for that. But here is the point it has to be offered and there has been no firm indication of interest from any club at this time. Now Man U has been mentioned but they are not in the CL and do they want Lukaku when they have Rashford and Martial, I think not TBH and if they did would they fork up 65 mill?

So then the Bundesliga is mentioned and only one team who could perhaps afford the asking price, Yep Bayern, but do they want him at that price unclear.

Daddy is making a lot of assumptions and to complete this before the Euros is laughable. Daddy needs to get a life.

For 60M you could replace him with 2 strikers, ones that have proven goalscoring prowess....an example being Bony, though not saying he would be my preferred choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back