Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far from being near the complete package at present. A player ready to lead the line for a top club doesn't waste as many glorious chances in a semi-final as he did against United.

His goals will be missed, him and his Dad sounding off in the media won't be. If we get Koeman then based on his track record, I'm sure he can find a more than capable replacement out of this supposed £65 million.

Koeman had Pelle/Mane while Martinez had Lukaku/Barkley (I'd take the latter pair) and managed to finish 5 spots above Everton on the table.

Yes were going to sell our best player for 65 mil before we even have a manager, what a complete load of tosh. There is NO WAY we will sell him before we get a new man in. Even worse No CL Chelsea are favourites, yet he only wants CL

Sky are selling our players around oh great:mad:.

It's only because the season has just finished and nothing is going on.

Just you watch half the Leicester team will be " sold " before the season starts .

Wouldn't read into anything that the papers say at the mo.

We're buying players and we haven't even got a manager !

Normally I'd be dead against selling one of our better player's. But his attitude since the Chelsea quarter final, has been awful. He wants to go and has been saying it. Not really putting much on the pitch. We could get a really good striker for a lot less.

Normally I'd be dead against selling one of our better player's. But his attitude since the Chelsea quarter final, has been awful. He wants to go and has been saying it. Not really putting much on the pitch. We could get a really good striker for a lot less.

So could other clubs.

Just to play devil's advocate here, could any part of his seeming lack of effort be fatigue? He's not had a rest in 2 years because our other strikers are absolute crap. I know he's young, but he has already played 6ish years of top flight footy, and I think it's fair that he be a bit fatigued after virtually no squad rotation this year.

Him saying stuff in the media along with his pops irks me though.

Different systems.

Wenger plays one up top. If it's a game where they'll have to hit a target man they can have Giroud.

Rom can do a bit of both.

Why the thing about his first touch? Genuinely that's proper 2015 :D

His control has really improved this last year or so. He/the coaching staff obviously worked hard on it.

While he is excellent in hitting the onion bag, his first touch is still the weak point and one that I think would stop a really big club taking up an offer on him.

I fully want him to stay and improve with us though as you quite rightly point out.

Lukaku is boss and scores a lot of goals, especially when Deulofeu is allowed out for good behaviour, but for every goal he scores, his first touch prevents several chances for someone else in the team to score.
I rate him, but whilst I doubt we would get such a scary out and out striker, I suspect our goal output could be just as high if we had a player that was better at feeding those around him.

I hope he stays, but if he doesn't I think we can replace him with a player capable of helping to spread the goals around the team, and we could spend more money on players around that striker (+ a backup striker) that would be likely to bang them in.

Wingers are generally cheaper than strikers.

But as I say I really hope he stays, and tbh I hope we play two up front.

Absolutely horrific thought swapping Lukaku for Bony.... Lukaku looks like he doesnt stop moving in comparison to Bony.

Bony holds the ball up ten times better than Rom does tho. Horses for courses init. If we brought in a mobile striker to play with Bony i would love us to sign him

Bony holds the ball up ten times better than Rom does tho. Horses for courses init. If we brought in a mobile striker to play with Bony i would love us to sign him

Well never play 4-4-2 though, don't think 1 we have the squad for it and 2 the managers we look to be chasing play that (with exception of Koeman who has played it a few times).

I have watched Bony this season and he has been utter turd - Gomis at swansea has been 10 times the player, even though he probably doesnt have half the ability.

Well never play 4-4-2 though, don't think 1 we have the squad for it and 2 the managers we look to be chasing play that (with exception of Koeman who has played it a few times).

I have watched Bony this season and he has been utter turd - Gomis at swansea has been 10 times the player, even though he probably doesnt have half the ability.

To be fair ive not seen much of Bony for City. But i was always impressed with him when i watched him for Swansea, holds the ball up with his back to goal, brings others into play, and hes a good finisher too when he gets a chance.

He was always going to have a hard time at City being backup to Agüero, i recon if we brought him in and made him the main man he would bang them in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back