Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wont miss Lukaku, good player, not great. Played for himself only not really for the team, had a chance on the big stage at Wembley and blew it big time, £65 Million is good money for him. Thanks and goodbye, no tears will be shed.

Remember his penalty kick!

It's rare because it went out of vogue like all formations do. As teams started to value possession more, tactics with an extra man in midfield became more common.

As lots of teams are now realising, and we Everton fans know all too well, possession can be overrated. What you do with it is more important.

A 4-4-2 allows faster and more direct play, with two strikers in the part of the pitch where most goals are scored from. It also aids in a 'high press' with two strikers to harrass a team trying to play out from the back. One of the strikers can easily drop back to make it a 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 if necessary.

I'm going to bet that more and more teams will adopt it now it's been shown that it can be effective. Until people start finding good ways to counter it of course, then another formation will become the next big thing.

Like everything, systems and style in sport (football) go in and out of fashion.

The most success in the PL this year has come from going 4-4-2 and being more direct.

a lot of moneyed teams will be hunting for quality players this window, which teams with any hope of pushing on won't want to let go. City need to rebuild I'm being told, united and Chelsea will be in big and west ham look to be making early bids , this window will be brutal. Rom will be a hot commodity, and supply and demand will push his price way beyond his value.

From the talk we all know what Rom wants and who but do they want him? That is not so clear.

His Dad sounds like a proper knob! The agent is an `honest man` ha ha what a knob have a minute Roger lad, your son stays no commission
he goes big commission, sure he has your son`s interest first. Nice bit of loyalty to the club who has paid your sons big wages, the reality is he is bang average really 65 mil laughing all way bank get someone who wants to play and stay

Hope he stays but he wants champions league football. I feel he will have to up his game, if he has the right support he will score, but he's like any striker in the game can miss open goals and penalties and with clubs such as man Utd and Bayern Munich, can't miss many!

If we can get 65million for him with our new owners ensuring the money doesn't go in to the black hole it is good business. RS only got that for goofy who lets be honest he is far better than Rom ... Exciting times for me !

a lot of moneyed teams will be hunting for quality players this window, which teams with any hope of pushing on won't want to let go. City need to rebuild I'm being told, united and Chelsea will be in big and west ham look to be making early bids , this window will be brutal. Rom will be a hot commodity, and supply and demand will push his price way beyond his value.
What will we do with the £45.50?

Would love him to stay but if we got £65m I would go for Giroud from arsenal. He's not first choice there and I think he could do a great job for us.

This for me. We'd all ove him to stay but if he doesn't want to be here then move him on. Not interested ine bit in us having players who don't want to play for us don't care how good they are.

Agree, he keen on Champion League, we don't need a player who doesn't want to play for us.

Indeed, I don't think we can get 65m from him, I think 50m is a more realistic price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back