Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still want to keep him him to be honest. In the grand scheme of things we would have been flirting near the relegation spots without him this season and he was influential in getting us to both semifinals. Plus I remember how good he was in Europe last year. We have the money to keep him. I totally get the arguments that if he even thinks about not wanting to be here then he doesn't deserve to stay. But look at De Gea at United. He was a fax machine mistake away from getting his move to Madrid. Has an outstanding season and gets United to a cup final. Yes Rom has had a poor spell for a couple of months but I think it shows our reliance on him and not having no where near a good enough back up option. Sure if he goes for 60m+ so be it but I'd be as equally content if he stayed under a new manager.
Correct. A CL club that pays our fee? Fine then sell. But we have to stop letting others treat us like little nobodies.
He stays.

Then we have no backbone if we sell Lukaku to any non CL club.

I'd be very surprised if we suddenly revert to having no backbone to be honest. The early to mid 2000's was a different era in the way we handled transfers. In the past few seasons, we've not let any of the so called "big clubs" take the piss, partly because of the TV money.

I can still see Stones having a possible future at Everton, but Lukaku wants out and has done for ages.

I can't blame him for having ambition, and he has the ability to play for a top club. The problem with him is his attitude. Thinks he's already one of the best in the world but isn't prepared to put in the fight when things get tough. When do players like Suarez, Aguero and Messi ever give up? Granted they're playing in better teams but if he's the player he thinks he is, why isn't he at one of those clubs already? Further to that, how often do those players mess up in crunch situations? Because as good as he was this season with his goals, he bottled it more than any other key player when we needed him the most. And he'll find himself under far more pressure to deliver when in those situations when he seals his dream move to a top club.

I find it hard to take that a player can be so disrespectful towards our club and the fans. In the past we had to stomach it given the situation we found ourselves in. Now things are different as we have Moshiri and the tv money at the back of us.

£50-65m for him would be a great deal for us and is realistic in today's era.

I'd be very surprised if we suddenly revert to having no backbone to be honest. The early to mid 2000's was a different era in the way we handled transfers. In the past few seasons, we've not let any of the so called "big clubs" take the piss, partly because of the TV money.

I can still see Stones having a possible future at Everton, but Lukaku wants out and has done for ages.

I can't blame him for having ambition, and he has the ability to play for a top club. The problem with him is his attitude. Thinks he's already one of the best in the world but isn't prepared to put in the fight when things get tough. When do players like Suarez, Aguero and Messi ever give up? Granted they're playing in better teams but if he's the player he thinks he is, why isn't he at one of those clubs already? Further to that, how often do those players mess up in crunch situations? Because as good as he was this season with his goals, he bottled it more than any other key player when we needed him the most. And he'll find himself under far more pressure to deliver when in those situations when he seals his dream move to a top club.

I find it hard to take that a player can be so disrespectful towards our club and the fans. In the past we had to stomach it given the situation we found ourselves in. Now things are different as we have Moshiri and the tv money at the back of us.

£50-65m for him would be a great deal for us and is realistic in today's era.
Lukaku has not anywhere said he wants to leave Everton because he hates it here. He has said repeatedly he has ambitions the play in the CL. As a club, we should therefore accept any offer from a team in the CL that meets our fee.
I'm sick and tired of being Manchester United's feeder club for our best players. I'd love Mr Moshiri to install a top Manager, and then tell Romelu we are not going to be treated like fools...big money or not. Man Utd? Chelsea? On your bikes. 3 years left on his contract. Go and find yourself a CL club willing to take you and then we talk.

Only club I'd sell him to is PSG, will they come in for him? Maybe.

If they do sell, do not sell him to a premier league team, get him on the continent so he doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.

Imagine selling him to United and he gets 30, id be sick.

If they do sell, do not sell him to a premier league team, get him on the continent so he doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.

I'd be sick with this alone.

It would be ludicrous to sell him even if he 'wants out'. Loyalty is few and far between in modern football. You get players who play for their Boyhood clubs leaving at any chance for money and success (we can relate), that's what they want. We can offer Lukaku the money, let's go and get the success. Suarez had a terrible attitude when he wanted to leave the RS then almost won them the league the season after (he eventually left for success and money) Regrading Roms attitude, the whole squad has had a terrible chemistry for a long time. He's been playing for a terrible manger next to terrible players (Kone, Niasse). The Chelsea game was a fine example of how he can channel his frustration. We should be looking at 60m strikers and forcing him out from competition, not on his terms. We're in no obligation to sell, I'm not going to knee-jerk because he's had a poor run of form at the end of the season. His goal scoring record for us speaks for itself.

Lukaku has not anywhere said he wants to leave Everton because he hates it here. He has said repeatedly he has ambitions the play in the CL. As a club, we should therefore accept any offer from a team in the CL that meets our fee.
I'm sick and tired of being Manchester United's feeder club for our best players. I'd love Mr Moshiri to install a top Manager, and then tell Romelu we are not going to be treated like fools...big money or not. Man Utd? Chelsea? On your bikes. 3 years left on his contract. Go and find yourself a CL club willing to take you and then we talk.

I agree on all of that.

Hopefully a club that is a genuine "step up" will come in for him for £50m-£65m, and if they don't, he stays with us.

Just hope if he's going it's done quickly.Don't want us signing a striker that doesn't have a pre-season with the new manager.

I'm just waiting for West Ham to put in a bid to be honest.

Seem to be bidding for every other striker so it's only a matter of time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back