Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of talk of £65 million here. Why's that? Where does it originate?
I think we have looked at what Raheem Sterling went for..
And we have set the price for Rom based on a player that actually does score goals and isn't utter gash.

So, if anything, £65m is rather reasonable.

Lukaku has not anywhere said he wants to leave Everton because he hates it here. He has said repeatedly he has ambitions the play in the CL. As a club, we should therefore accept any offer from a team in the CL that meets our fee.
I'm sick and tired of being Manchester United's feeder club for our best players. I'd love Mr Moshiri to install a top Manager, and then tell Romelu we are not going to be treated like fools...big money or not. Man Utd? Chelsea? On your bikes. 3 years left on his contract. Go and find yourself a CL club willing to take you and then we talk.
Players can be misquoted in the press , but this has happened a few times with Lukaku and his dad and there has been no effort to contradict what has been written.
I think it is an effort to create interest in Lukaku by agent, father and player.
They have mentioned Bayern as an option , but that is a pipedream.
The most realistic is PSG , they have the money and need a high profile centre forward and they will be playing CL. He is guaranteed league success as well. However , he will never be acclaimed as a great striker while playing in a poor league and that , I think, is important to him.

This move is about money. They will know the changes that have happened at Everton, they know the wealth and ambition of Moshiri, why rush to leave now ?

I think we have looked at what Raheem Sterling went for..
And we have set the price for Rom based on a player that actually does score goals and isn't utter gash.

So, if anything, £65m is rather reasonable.
Correct. To a CL club only though.

Players can be misquoted in the press , but this has happened a few times with Lukaku and his dad and there has been no effort to contradict what has been written.
I think it is an effort to create interest in Lukaku by agent, father and player.
They have mentioned Bayern as an option , but that is a pipedream.
The most realistic is PSG , they have the money and need a high profile centre forward and they will be playing CL. He is guaranteed league success as well. However , he will never be acclaimed as a great striker while playing in a poor league and that , I think, is important to him.

This move is about money. They will know the changes that have happened at Everton, they know the wealth and ambition of Moshiri, why rush to leave now ?

Lukaku has said nothing other than the 'I want to play in the CL soon' comments back in March.

Rest has been his dad/agent.

I can't blame any player for keeping their options open at the moment. We've had a dire season, and while we're all hopeful of a megamanager coming in, we don't know who that will be, and the players have no way of knowing where they'll be in the new man's pecking order.

There's a lot of uncertainty for them at the moment, I imagine.

Once the new manager is in and he's spoken to the players, everything should start to settle down.

This goes for any of our players this summer, try to keep them, but If we do sell, then don't sell them early or cheap, Pep with City, possibly Mourinho at united, Conte at Chelsea - there is going to be some ridiculous spending going on this summer and the more these clubs lash out huge fees on players then it will raise the price on players across the board, Lukaku for 65m right now sounds a stretch - but should the likes of Morratti and Higuain get bought for prices around that then that fee becomes the norm

Need to get our spending done early this summer for precisely those reasons, the market the longer it goes into the summer will just get higher and higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back