Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Then we have no backbone if we sell Lukaku to any non CL club.
if they offer 65m for a striker who hasn't been interested since Feb then it's got to be considered - but like i said in another post i'd question Rom if he wanted to go back to Chelsea especially after all the talk from his people about wanted to play at the highest level and all that.

if they offer 65m for a striker who hasn't been interested since Feb then it's got to be considered - but like i said in another post i'd question Rom if he wanted to go back to Chelsea especially after all the talk from his people about wanted to play at the highest level and all that.
Sometimes having backbone as a club and telling other clubs and even your players to FU is worth more than any money people throw at you.
He's opened his mouth about playing in the CL. No sale to any non CL club for me. End of story.

Any player that doesn't want to play for us, get shut.
Any player who open their mouth to the press like Rom, Mirrallas etc. get shut.
I'd sooner have a team of players who felt honoured to play for us than a team of mercinary gobbos throwing strops all over the pitch when things don't go their way.

Any player that doesn't want to play for us, get shut.
Any player who open their mouth to the press like Rom, Mirrallas etc. get shut.
I'd sooner have a team of players who felt honoured to play for us than a team of mercinary gobbos throwing strops all over the pitch when things don't go their way.
Mirallas is staying happily. Top clubs with any backbone don't get rid of their best players with 3 seasons remaining on their contract if it means being treated like fools.
What you say may be nice and heartwarming in principle, but it is time to get ruthless and stop being plucky little Everton getting rolled over by other clubs and players.

Still want to keep him him to be honest. In the grand scheme of things we would have been flirting near the relegation spots without him this season and he was influential in getting us to both semifinals. Plus I remember how good he was in Europe last year. We have the money to keep him. I totally get the arguments that if he even thinks about not wanting to be here then he doesn't deserve to stay. But look at De Gea at United. He was a fax machine mistake away from getting his move to Madrid. Has an outstanding season and gets United to a cup final. Yes Rom has had a poor spell for a couple of months but I think it shows our reliance on him and not having no where near a good enough back up option. Sure if he goes for 60m+ so be it but I'd be as equally content if he stayed under a new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back