Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking price of 65 mill great stuff I would snatch their hand off for that. But here is the point it has to be offered and there has been no firm indication of interest from any club at this time. Now Man U has been mentioned but they are not in the CL and do they want Lukaku when they have Rashford and Martial, I think not TBH and if they did would they fork up 65 mill?

So then the Bundesliga is mentioned and only one team who could perhaps afford the asking price, Yep Bayern, but do they want him at that price unclear.

Daddy is making a lot of assumptions and to complete this before the Euros is laughable. Daddy needs to get a life.
Daddy and his bell of an agent need to go to games and watch Rom then they will realise it ain't as good as they think he his ..ffs 60 mill a rip both they're hands off.

If they are going to pay us 65m for Rom, how much do we get for Deulofeu ?
If they are going to sign Lukaku they had also better sign Del as he made most of the goals for Rom.
I wonder about Lukaku in a team that isn't built around him , he is not exactly the unselfish type to run around in lost causes for the good of the team.

Wont miss Lukaku, good player, not great. Played for himself only not really for the team, had a chance on the big stage at Wembley and blew it big time, £65 Million is good money for him. Thanks and goodbye, no tears will be shed.

What is it with Belgians FFS?
Crazy isn't it, Courtois has been pretty poor with how he has talked about Chelsea this seasom as well.

Two that have been respectful towards their club are Kompany and Mignolet althouth tbf to Fellaini, despite all the talk in the previous years, he personally kept very quiet during the whole summer Moyes was bidding.

Guess it is that most leave their home teams very early to move abroad so have little genuine link with their new club and they have a very close relationship with their local media that makes their less flattering comments get out.

Wont miss Lukaku, good player, not great. Played for himself only not really for the team, had a chance on the big stage at Wembley and blew it big time, £65 Million is good money for him. Thanks and goodbye, no tears will be shed.
Won't miss Lukaku? He's the reason why we weren't in a relegation dogfight this year. 65mil is great money to bolster the squad, but come on now. A 22 year old who bangs in around 20 in the prem consistently is going to be a massive miss.

I know it's frustrating when he disappears in games or looks disinterested, but it'd be really difficult to reproduce his output, even with the transfer fee (assuming most of the money would be used on other players or that said players would come to Everton).

Here's something quick I did on Squawka demonstrating how important he is.
upload_2016-5-18_10-40-41.webp

Of course this doesn't tell the whole story, I'm just saying replacing him with 2 lesser strikers won't necessarily work.

Won't miss Lukaku? He's the reason why we weren't in a relegation dogfight this year. 65mil is great money to bolster the squad, but come on now. A 22 year old who bangs in around 20 in the prem consistently is going to be a massive miss.

He's never scored 20 prem goals

I know it's frustrating when he disappears in games or looks disinterested, but it'd be really difficult to reproduce his output, even with the transfer fee (assuming most of the money would be used on other players or that said players would come to Everton).

Here's something quick I did on Squawka demonstrating how important he is.
View attachment 23183

Of course this doesn't tell the whole story, I'm just saying replacing him with 2 lesser strikers won't necessarily work.

Do that with Pelle, Benteke & Defoe

We haven't a hope of prising him away from City but a good replacement would be Iheanacho - rated the lad ever since I since him in a City preseason game a couple of years ago, just has an instinct for a being in the right place at the right time that is so key to being a good striker.

Far from being near the complete package at present. A player ready to lead the line for a top club doesn't waste as many glorious chances in a semi-final as he did against United.

His goals will be missed, him and his Dad sounding off in the media won't be. If we get Koeman then based on his track record, I'm sure he can find a more than capable replacement out of this supposed £65 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back