Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can't see himself staying the length of his contract - don't sign one.

The lad needs a change of attitude if he is to ever be anywhere near the level he thinks he is.

He puts in the level of performances he has done for us the past three months, he will find himself rotting on a bench or being loaned out for the rest of his career.

I'd tell his Dad to keep a lid on it too. Absolutely hate the way transfers are conducted nowadays. Have a little respect for the club who is supplying you with a very good living.

Mate, come off it.

Players sign huge contracts all the time. They mean jot. It's more insurance on our part that we knew that two years into his deal, we'd still be able to demand loads because he has three years left.

What's done is done and what's said is said.

He single-handedly dragged us through this season before he tailed off. To me that proves he's not ready. It may prove it to other big clubs as well so we'll just wait and see.

There's no need to get worked up over it. If he goes he goes and we'll get a huge fee for him.

I won't be happy about it but I won't be angry - it happens.

The point is is that it's going to be difficult - even with the money - to replace his goals. We'll have to get it right and as @chazzle_dazzle and @TheHumbleEgg have pointed out that is by going for quality (£25mil/30mil) players rather than 5 £10mil players. However, as a club we aren't in a brilliant position to attract two £25mil forwards.

For one, there aren't that many about and secondly, the ones that are about are at big clubs already.

It'll be interesting, but getting that right is key if Rom does go.

That's the thing though mate.

As a club currently it will be very hard for us to attract two £30mil players. We aren't in that position, ultimately, even with money to spend.

Plus I'm very much struggling to think of many players in the '£30mil bracket' that aren't already at huge clubs.

Lacazette should be about £20mil, Batshuayi about £12mil. Aubameyang is class but will only leave Dortmund for a CL club. Morata at Juve etc. Higuain would only leave Napoli for CL, and they have that next season anyway.

Batshuayi is being banded about for over £25m - I know that because an agency i work with got asked if they could work on introducing agents into the premier league.

Not saying he is worth that like, but i think he will end up going for more then £12m.

I think as a whole, yeah there is a probably disconnect with 1) the club being able to attract these players, and 2) these players being available.

I think there is a massive pull for the premier league and the money thats available here (in england not just with us) which will talk for a lot of players. You look at some of the players who have come the league lately and the prices they cost, a £30m player is not really that no more, its more like a £18m player.

Prices are stupid, and only going to go up - but the fact remains, we shouldn't be looking at massive amount of players, we should be looking at the quality rather the high numbers.

A lot depends on the management too. IE De Boer comes in, id expect him to go after at least 3 players from Ajax, including Bazoer who is quality - but wouldn't cost £30m. Different managers will have us shopping in different markets, regardless it has to be quality we bring in.

Do you really think Arsene Wenger is going to want Rom with his first touch? Arsene seems to like players with a more sure control of the football. Also Rom has shown to be too impatient to wait in the box for the ball to come to him.

Batshuayi is being banded about for over £25m - I know that because an agency i work with got asked if they could work on introducing agents into the premier league.

Not saying he is worth that like, but i think he will end up going for more then £12m.

I think as a whole, yeah there is a probably disconnect with 1) the club being able to attract these players, and 2) these players being available.

I think there is a massive pull for the premier league and the money thats available here (in england not just with us) which will talk for a lot of players. You look at some of the players who have come the league lately and the prices they cost, a £30m player is not really that no more, its more like a £18m player.

Prices are stupid, and only going to go up - but the fact remains, we shouldn't be looking at massive amount of players, we should be looking at the quality rather the high numbers.

A lot depends on the management too. IE De Boer comes in, id expect him to go after at least 3 players from Ajax, including Bazoer who is quality - but wouldn't cost £30m. Different managers will have us shopping in different markets, regardless it has to be quality we bring in.

Fairs. I was basing the figure off what Marseille accepted for Payet when they were in a similar position with him this time last year. He is gonna leave so I would imagine they'll end up accepting something in between.

And true, there is a massive pull. That's what we've got on our side.

However, it's not a pull that's going to allow us to sign any better striker than Rom. Out of the ones realistically available, Lacazette is probably the closest in quality.

Do you really think Arsene Wenger is going to want Rom with his first touch? Arsene seems to like players with a more sure control of the football. Also Rom has shown to be too impatient to wait in the box for the ball to come to him.

He'd be perfect for them. Arsene has Giroud if he wants a player who can hold up the ball. What they need is a striker who can run in behind. Arsenal play a lot quicker than they're given credit for, as well.

Yeah they've got Giroud to play the hold up role up top.

Fairs. I was basing the figure off what Marseille accepted for Payet when they were in a similar position with him this time last year. He is gonna leave so I would imagine they'll end up accepting something in between.

And true, there is a massive pull. That's what we've got on our side.

However, it's not a pull that's going to allow us to sign any better striker than Rom. Out of the ones realistically available, Lacazette is probably the closest in quality.

Yep i think thats the thing, finding that quality and figuring out what we pay for it. I haven't seen Lacazette so i have no idea how good he is or what he would cost.

The agency i work with are convinced hell go for over the £24m too, shocking like but i think its more the sign of the times. Rom (regardless how good i think he is and could be) isn't work £65m - but put in the factors of age, potential, market, goals and contract and you can probably start talking about £50m.

I am sure there are more then enough good players out there am not thinking about who will improve our team - i think that once we have a manager in place these things will pop into place. If de boer comes in and spends £30m on players from Ajax who have the ability to become £60m players i will be happy with that and a large showcase signing along side them.

If we manage to sort out the squad fitness and coaching, then another season here scoring regularly will bring more attention for him and his dad.

Only player I've seen soaked in sweat in the first five minutes of a game.

Frustrates and thrills in equal measure.

So far from the finished article. His old man would do well to watch the likes of Lewandolski, Ibra etc

That's the thing though mate.

As a club currently it will be very hard for us to attract two £30mil players. We aren't in that position, ultimately, even with money to spend.

Plus I'm very much struggling to think of many players in the '£30mil bracket' that aren't already at huge clubs.

Lacazette should be about £20mil, Batshuayi about £12mil. Aubameyang is class but will only leave Dortmund for a CL club. Morata at Juve etc. Higuain would only leave Napoli for CL, and they have that next season anyway.
Westhams already had 30 mil turned down for lacazette

If we manage to sort out the squad fitness and coaching, then another season here scoring regularly will bring more attention for him and his dad.

Only player I've seen soaked in sweat in the first five minutes of a game.

Frustrates and thrills in equal measure.

So far from the finished article. His old man would do well to watch the likes of Lewandolski, Ibra etc

True but our entire side constantly looked knackered given RM's failure to view fitness as important.

Westhams already had 30 mil turned down for lacazette

30mil euros wasn't it? So around £25mil then.

He probably will go for around £30mil then, maybe more.

EDIT: Just seen that story. £30mil rejected. Will probably be more like £35mil then.

RE-EDIT: Actually, Gold / Sullivan specifically said 30mil Euros. Yet the papers and sky went with £31m.

30mil euros wasn't it? So around £25mil then.

He probably will go for around £30mil then, maybe more.

EDIT: Just seen that story. £30mil rejected. Will probably be more like £35mil then.

RE-EDIT: Actually, Gold / Sullivan specifically said 30mil Euros. Yet the papers and sky went with £31m.

PFFT sky having nightmare again

"ERM, it says Euros boss, whats that?" "just say its pounds, we can delete the tweets anyways"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back