Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Lukaku clearly does not see his future with us.Players need to look after their interests and careers to become sucessful and I understand players want to win trophies but a big part of being successful is becoming a legend at a club and adored by the fans.Lukaku seems to just want to better his level and does not seem to have any love for Everton so I am happy for him to leave.I can see Lukaku going to a big team not because he loves them but because he thinks they will raise his profile.I can also see him failing whilst Everton rise from the ashes.I would rather have a player who falls in love with Everton than a player who just cares for himself. I am happy to sell for 50m plus. Same with Stones.

Anichebe scored 26 goals in 168 EFC appearances, over 9 seasons. That's 1 goal every 6 games, and an average of 3 goals a season.

Lukaku has scored 61 goals in 127 EFC appearances, over 3 seasons. That's 1 goal every 2 games, and an average of 20 goals a season.

The 2 players couldn't be more dissimilar.

Your not looking hard enough, from what I gather he is saying.

Translated -
Lukaku told press conference that he had already taken his decision for next season. However he did not reveal his choice #EFC
Lukaku: "the English competition suits me perfectly but there are plenty of beautiful clubs elsewhere"

Last edited:

There are not many of today's players who are not looking after number 1. Lukaku may be an extreme example but I don't think he is very different from most of them. He may have a greater belief in his ability than some others have. Having said that he is a very good player, he has scored consistently for teams outside the best.
What Everton need to do is to put themselves in a position where the club's ambitious match those of our best players. We have offered Lukaku two bottom half finishes, I am glad we have players who are not content to be in the bottom half of the league. It is time that the club sorted out the ground situation, sorted out the manager and the transfer pot for the coming season and let all the staff see that we can win trophies and have a club that can meet the ambitions of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back