Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the crapfest that was this season, I don't blame anyone for wanting to leave the club. We had a repeat of last season which I thought would be impossible tbh, especially considering that we didn't have Europe. He is talking himself up because he wants a move to a club that is currently achieving things; it's nothing personal imo. He was a very good young player that will only get better with the right coaching. Martinez wasn't that guy.

I'm not really taking any notice of these Lukaku rumours. First, he's from Belgium. It seems to be a Belgian trait to be linked with a move away.

Marouane Fellaini had a gobshite relative talking all the time linking us to other clubs. Yet we only sold him when our own former manager came in for him. He's been at United for three seasons now and has still yet to make even half the appearances he did for us.

Kevin Mirallas has been with us for four seasons and one less than Fellaini, yet he's been linked with a move away every week until he signed a new contract 9 months ago. He's gone on to make 40 appearances more for us than any of his other clubs.

Lukaku, I'm not really surprised. He made it clear from the very start that he is very ambition and wants to play at the highest level possible. He thought he should have been first choice for oil rags Chelsea when he was 20. Surely he must think he'd be first choice for Barcelona now.

If he was a true professional. Then his main focus would actually be the upcoming Euros, because so far his performance at international level has been pretty poor.

Lukaku has lots in common with Fellaini, not only his relative and agent constantly talking, but he also has a major flaws. In Fellaini's case, it was the fact that he was too slow and can't tackle to be a defensive midfielder and can be very clumsy on the ball, and in Lukaku's case, his first touch is still atrocious and his link up play doesn't look to have improved even with all that training from Big Dunc. He is by no means the finished article.

Loved how he blamed his team mates for being mince for the last ten games. Because obviously they're the reason you strolled around, missed penalties, and showed the control of Angell allied to the composure of Beattie when through on goal in the cup semi eh Rom?

Talk about trying to force a move...

Will be difficult to replace his goals but certainly won't be difficult to replace his lazy arse work ethic. Would rather see him sold outside the PL. We are in the driving seat as to what club and how much.

I imagine both father and son will be expecting an auction for his services, so much the better for us. Self esteem seems in plentiful supply in the Lukaku family.

This will inevitably sound like sour grapes but I never warmed to him in our shirt and from the moment he signed "permanently" it was always just a matter of time before he was off. Granted, we have gone downhill (and then some) in the last 2 seasons but he could show some respect and appreciation for the platform we gave him. He'll get his wish and be off, he can do so without all the fuss.

Can't believe he is blaming other team mates. The lad loves to do it. One other moment that springs to mind was in the semi when Besic came racing into the box for a header but Rom was backing up and got in his way, and incredibly Rom then blamed him even though Besic was in a much better position.

Loved how he blamed his team mates for being mince for the last ten games. Because obviously they're the reason you strolled around, missed penalties, and showed the control of Angell allied to the composure of Beattie when through on goal in the cup semi eh Rom?

Talk about trying to force a move...
Smacks of desperation actually - the kind of thing you do when you know the club won't let you be sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back