Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a lot of good points mate about what the club has to do better to match the ambitions of really good players but I get a bit narked with this guy being such a rentagob at times recently. His goals got us into semi but if he played a fair part in us getting knocked out too. Hate the obvious blaming others for his drop off in goals toward the end of the season. He is good but he ain't no Dixie Dean, probably no Graeme Sharp either!!

I agree he isn't as good as he believes himself to be but confidence is a big part of a forwards makeup. I would have Graeme Sharp every day of the week.

Stones? Yep poor season from him although I thought his early reaction to the move being blocked was ok. So many things went wrong with our season and Stones I don't think it is absolutely certain that player has bad season after being denied a move if that is the point you are making. Unhappy players are clearly a problem and there are so many prima donnas around. My point, because I hate so much the attitude he wants to go so we had better let him, is that it can still be on the club's terms and to hell with what player, agent and player's gobby dad actually want. At least when not near end of contract.
Fwiw I think he might be underwhelmed by who would be in for him. If there was someone massive ready to go the agent would have been tipped off and they would be keeping cards close to chest....maybe.

I want players who believe in the club, not players who believe they are doing us a favour and want out, it's a cancer in the dressing room having young players like lukaku and stones wanting out around the rest of our players who believe in the club.

Only sell if a club going to pay over the odds but it's not worth keeping hold of them unless they sign new contract and that is a statement of intent and the past is behind them.

Can someone please show him the highlights of the semi final please?

Always banging on how good he is, thinks he's much better than what he actually is and he needs to get his head out of his own arse.

Blaming his team mates and calling other teams "beautiful clubs" in the same interview is utterly disrespectful to the club.

Thinks he's better than he is. No world class player spends half the game chasing their first touch. If he wants out, there's the door

Good player, but not irreplaceable. If he wants off let him go to the highest bidder. We need people who want to be here, the behavior of certain players will have been as instrumental as the managers decisions in the performances weve seen. To many players have had free reign on and off the pitch.

Thinks he's better than he is. No world class player spends half the game chasing their first touch. If he wants out, there's the door
I remember a Dutch striker who couldn't score a goal from anywhere other than 10 yards. Didn't get too involved in play either.

Ruud Van nistelroy.

Makes no difference how many touches a striker makes as long as enough of those touches ends up winning games. The problem is the team is meant to play to compensate for thst, we don't when we kick 40 years passes to him and isolated.

....he's not world class, we haven't got anybody near world class. It's a much used term for good players. If you ever see a world class player at Everton then embrace it, they come around very rarely.

Annoying thing is I think he will be a top 5 striker at a CL-competing club. He'll have the motivation and the desire. He just didn't have the personality to keep pushing himself at a team finishing mid-table - the difference in the last third of the season when it was clear we weren't going anywhere was massive. Shame.

I want players who believe in the club, not players who believe they are doing us a favour and want out, it's a cancer in the dressing room having young players like lukaku and stones wanting out around the rest of our players who believe in the club.

Only sell if a club going to pay over the odds but it's not worth keeping hold of them unless they sign new contract and that is a statement of intent and the past is behind them.
Strongly agree with your first point mate, well said.
Second point you make is actually what I mean by on club's terms. Really good price for the club or stay and pull your finger out you gobby little upstarts for those people who are helping to make you millionaires!!!

Lukaku's main strength is he can finish despite his young age. He is strong and tall but rarely works hard as he claimed.

If he can't be arsed he can be quite lazy. You see how he performed since March.

It's ok he wanna go along with Stones. Just keep it professional and speak to Mr Moshiri in private. We get big profit and we can strength the squad. I don't want players who think they are better than the club. Everton paid you great money and give you the chance when Chelski treated you like scum. No class and loyalty whatsoever. He has no respect to our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back