Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think even if we were challenging he'd be off, and if he goes to United and they're not challenging for the CL every year he'll be off. I genuinely think he's a Cristiano type, he wants to be recognised as the greatest striker of all time. We guaranteed him football when not many others would hit his talent is such that other teams will now do that. I don't think he'll stop though until he's at Madrid Bayern or Barca challenging for the CL every season.
That's true now but only because he knows he is good enough to play for them. A striker with 26 goals shouldn't be 12th in the league , even Kevin Phillips as top 6 when he scored 30!

Footballers everywhere revere the FA Cup. They rate it immensely as the biggest domestic cup competition in the world.

But a handful of self hating Evertonians on here want to denigrate any Everton team that puts themselves in a position to win it.

I just have to wonder about their credentials, tbh. I just dont buy that any Evertonian worth their salt could wish to loathe their team so much.

What happened to all the Wigan team that won the FA Cup mate, out of reverance for it did they all decide to srtick around the next season to get Wigan back to the prem or did they decide to stick around for the honour of trying to defend it, or even to play in Europe, or did they all just jump ship along with the manager, soemthing else jumps ships when they sink - trying to remember what they are...

Finishing midtable has me unmoved...as unmoved as us finishing 5th-10th.

It's nothing. Nothing at all. Of course, if you can win more matches (and especially home matches for long suffering fans) great. But in overall terms there's no big difference. Lukaku will go whether we win the cup, come 5th or come 15th. We'll attract other players in because we have a lot of cash to spend on wages.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell, tbh.

so in the league Dave, you are completely not bothered if you see everton lose say 20 games and finish 17th or 5 games and finish say 5th?

What kind of fan isn't bothered if his team wins or loses more games, tut tut

The league is so unstable now that where a team finishes one season has no bearing on where they finish the next.
Look at Leicester, Chelsea, West Ham. Teams can finish near the bottom and then shoot to the top or the other way around.

There will be an enormous amount of money spent this summer by all clubs and the biggest richest clubs do not have the advantage they once had as even though they can sign excellent players so too can nearly all premiership clubs now.

Next season is a big season for the manager. He has to buy well in the summer and his team has to perform well next season or he probably won't survive.

Definitely.

Boss agent for a player to have. Terrible for a team to deal with I imagine.

Looking at his record in depth mate, his only big deals he has ever made have involved one party at least being an Italian club, honestly not sure how brilliant he is when he's not dealing with at least one of the clubs being from their, seriously take a look at all the Riaola brokered deals - is kind of interesting

Selection of transfer deals brokered[edit]
Date Player New club Previous club Transfer sum
Winter 1988 Frank Rijkaard Milan Sporting CP Unknown
Summer 1993 Dennis Bergkamp Internazionale Ajax £12 million[19]
Summer 2001 Pavel Nedvěd Juventus Lazio €41 million[20]
Summer 2004 Zlatan Ibrahimović Juventus Ajax €16 million[21]
Summer 2006 Zlatan Ibrahimović Internazionale Juventus €24.8 million[22]
Summer 2009 Zlatan Ibrahimović Barcelona Internazionale €46 million[23]
Summer 2010 Robinho Milan Manchester City €15 million[24]
Summer 2010 Mario Balotelli Manchester City Internazionale £24 million[25]
Summer 2010 Zlatan Ibrahimović Milan Barcelona Loan (€24M)
Summer 2012 Zlatan Ibrahimović Paris Saint-Germain Milan €20 million
Winter 2013 Mario Balotelli Milan Manchester City €20 million
Winter 2013 Bartosz Salamon Milan Brescia €3.5 million
Summer 2014 Mario Balotelli Liverpool Milan €20 million

Undeniably great at getting a player a move to Italy, or a move from Italy but outside of that - very little dealings, gut instinct would say all his 'contacts' are in Italian football and when he isn't dealing with one of them he doesn't get deals done.

Given that Lukaku would go for around 25-30m more than the Italian transfer record - i aint too sure he's the best one for that

This just highlights how insignificant we are, in the grand scheme of things.

We are as mid-table a club you can get.

Looking at his record in depth mate, his only big deals he has ever made have involved one party at least being an Italian club, honestly not sure how brilliant he is when he's not dealing with at least one of the clubs being from their, seriously take a look at all the Riaola brokered deals - is kind of interesting

Selection of transfer deals brokered[edit]
Date Player New club Previous club Transfer sum
Winter 1988 Frank Rijkaard Milan Sporting CP Unknown
Summer 1993 Dennis Bergkamp Internazionale Ajax £12 million[19]
Summer 2001 Pavel Nedvěd Juventus Lazio €41 million[20]
Summer 2004 Zlatan Ibrahimović Juventus Ajax €16 million[21]
Summer 2006 Zlatan Ibrahimović Internazionale Juventus €24.8 million[22]
Summer 2009 Zlatan Ibrahimović Barcelona Internazionale €46 million[23]
Summer 2010 Robinho Milan Manchester City €15 million[24]
Summer 2010 Mario Balotelli Manchester City Internazionale £24 million[25]
Summer 2010 Zlatan Ibrahimović Milan Barcelona Loan (€24M)
Summer 2012 Zlatan Ibrahimović Paris Saint-Germain Milan €20 million
Winter 2013 Mario Balotelli Milan Manchester City €20 million
Winter 2013 Bartosz Salamon Milan Brescia €3.5 million
Summer 2014 Mario Balotelli Liverpool Milan €20 million

Undeniably great at getting a player a move to Italy, or a move from Italy but outside of that - very little dealings, gut instinct would say all his 'contacts' are in Italian football and when he isn't dealing with one of them he doesn't get deals done.

Given that Lukaku would go for around 25-30m more than the Italian transfer record - i aint too sure he's the best one for that

I think the fact that one of the first things he said as Lukaku's agent, was "If I was his agent, he would not have signed for Everton", says everything.

He is gone, and to who, is irrelevant, they will make it happen.

I think the fact that one of the first things he said as Lukaku's agent, was "If I was his agent, he would not have signed for Everton", says everything.

How can they make it happen? WE call the shots here not Lukaku or his agent.

He can have the best agent in the world who could line up 50 clubs if he wanted, but the bottom line is he still has 3 years left on his current contract and anyone who wants him will have to pay what we're happy with.

He nor his agent can just take off whenever they fancy!

None of us know whether he'll go. Baines, mirallas : they were nailed on to leave, with plenty on here penning premature obituaries. I think the default position is pessimism so it doesn't hurt as much when we lose him

The league is so unstable now that where a team finishes one season has no bearing on where they finish the next.
Look at Leicester, Chelsea, West Ham. Teams can finish near the bottom and then shoot to the top or the other way around.

There will be an enormous amount of money spent this summer by all clubs and the biggest richest clubs do not have the advantage they once had as even though they can sign excellent players so too can nearly all premiership clubs now.

Next season is a big season for the manager. He has to buy well in the summer and his team has to perform well next season or he probably won't survive.

That's why this is such a disappointing season. We had a chance to achieve something therefore giving us a chance of retaining our best players. This season was the big one, not next. Every team has poo'd their pants and we had a good chance of finding some form and pushing up the table but RM has killed that chance by his sheer tactical brilliance (sarcasm). Nice bloke, average manager. He is NOT a winner in my book. People who do well learn from their mistakes.

Your comment "the biggest richest clubs do not have the advantage they once had" is completely incorrect. The so called big clubs have something money can't buy. A reputation. Most of those so called big clubs will also have a top drawer manager, again this will attract players such as Lukaku. The man has almost scored 30 goals in all comps and we are in the bottom half of the league! So in summary, Top drawer manager + financial clout = successful season.

Reading between the lines mate, could also have been his frustration knowing that Lukaku spurned a chance to move to Juventus before joining us, looking at Riaolas record he seems to like a decent sized transfer to Italy followed by a bigger one out to another league a few years later for his clients, Lukaku moving domestically for such a high fee as he did kind of screws up the way Riaola normally operates as it moved him now out the price range of any Italian club. Basically Italian clubs have enough money to buy in the 20'ishm range and tend to not be able to fend off the really big offers for players, so in essence a stepping stone league

I linked the total deals Riaola has been involved with, and every single one of them involves an Italian club - that looks like where he has contacts and can get things done, can he broker a deal between two clubs when one of them isn't Italian - who knows - but given the fact he is loathed throughout the game (Italy aside) it's a big question mark until he manages to do so

How can they make it happen? WE call the shots here not Lukaku or his agent.

He can have the best agent in the world who could line up 50 clubs if he wanted, but the bottom line is he still has 3 years left on his current contract and anyone who wants him will have to pay what we're happy with.

He nor his agent can just take off whenever they fancy!

Agree to disagree mate, but we have little say in it. Yes we can stomp our feet and act like a little kid, but that will mess us up and could spoil next season before it starts.

We set a fee early, and get him sold so we can have all summer to build.

Reactions: DRM
On one hand, Bobby's to thank for bringing Rom here. Under Moyes we wouldn't have even dreamt of the mere possibility.

On the other hand, Bobby's to blame for tanking us these past two years and thus Rom wanting to go a team actually doing something.

Ultimately a poor manager with a silver tongue is still a poor manager.

Reading between the lines mate, could also have been his frustration knowing that Lukaku spurned a chance to move to Juventus before joining us, looking at Riaolas record he seems to like a decent sized transfer to Italy followed by a bigger one out to another league a few years later for his clients, Lukaku moving domestically for such a high fee as he did kind of screws up the way Riaola normally operates as it moved him now out the price range of any Italian club. Basically Italian clubs have enough money to buy in the 20'ishm range and tend to not be able to fend off the really big offers for players, so in essence a stepping stone league

I linked the total deals Riaola has been involved with, and every single one of them involves an Italian club - that looks like where he has contacts and can get things done, can he broker a deal between two clubs when one of them isn't Italian - who knows - but given the fact he is loathed throughout the game (Italy aside) it's a big question mark until he manages to do so

I would not rule out a move to Italy, huge sell on clause, maybe a player we buy on the "cheap", is he not Pogba's agent??? He moves and juve could buy rom, easily....and then sell him on in 2 seasons for even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back