Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what finishing 17th gets you --------------->

Here's what finishing 5th gets you ----------------->
It gets you millions more in prize money and European football. Not to mention some pride in the place where a team finishes.

This thread is about Lukaku anyhow, you don't need to derail every thread to fit your warped agenda.

Give or take 20mill or whatever..... foolish comment.
Give or take £20M when we have a billionaires account he said he's opening up to the club. In any case, a successful cup journey can earn a lot of revenue for the club in tv appearance fees, win bonus and if/when we win it a 'brand' image boost that you couldn't put a price on.

I do think we can surpass that as the line between losing and winning with this team is extremely thin at the moment. What I mean with that is that we are on the brink of becoming a great team but mistakes cost us dearly. I think if we can play for 90 minutes fully focused with this same team and even the same tactics we can achieve that. All our younger players that plays regularly has gained another year of experience...grown as players and are learning through mistakes as well. Yes we need one or two additions to the squad to strengthen but I think success is a lot closer than many might think. We have a disastrous season...2 in a row...but there is something in this team that is special and just waiting to surface.

EDIT:
That's why we should try to keep hold of all our young players like Lukaku at all cost...
I fully agree. We are primed for better things. We need to get an organiser and leader in the defence (much of our headless chicken defending, in the area at least, actually could be solved by a strong GK who is very vocal). And I'm resigned now to finding a replacement for Lukaku. He was always going to go without CL football next season.

We're not far off. Leicester have shown what consistency can do. As you say, 90 minute performances consistently will transform this situation.

...one who isn't conned by the nu-football era BS about the overwhelming importance of the sooper dooper Barclay Premier League, and one who has what's really important clearly in mind: winning trophies.

If you ask enough people Dave - some will still think the world is flat, if you ask enough people some will still think 5th and 17th are the same, likely those sets of people will be the same

...one who isn't conned by the nu-football era BS about the overwhelming importance of the sooper dooper Barclay Premier League, and one who has what's really important clearly in mind: winning trophies.

Ok so basically if he fails to win the FA Cup this season then - you will admit that overall his 3 years in charge have been a clear failiure then Dave? As he will have failed to do what you have stated is really the only important thing

If Moshiri has any ambition at all about making us a force then a sale to another English team should simply be rejected.

You don't get into the Champions League by selling your best players to your rivals.
Hard to know for sure what Moshiri thinks but this passage in the letter that he wrote with Usmanovfor Arsenal would suggest he has a similar view

"This policy is leading to the loss of our best players, often to our main competitors, and even causes the players themselves to question their future at the club and the club's ambitions."The situation with our captain and outstanding performer from last season, Robin van Persie, sums this up."

So do we use Martinez time at Wigan or do we not Dave - whats the rule for today? As you seem to change opinion on it regularly and if it's allowed to be stated except as 'he won the fa cup'
I dont know, I'm easy on it. Some prefer to leave it off the table, others want it front and centre. I go with the flow.
Ok so basically if he fails to win the FA Cup this season then - you will admit that overall his 3 years in charge have been a clear failiure then Dave? As he will have failed to do what you have stated is really the only important thing
Why would I call achieving Everton's best PL season and assembling for the first time in a long time a squad with depth of quality 'a failure'?Cast your mind back to season one and the reaction by 99.9% of Evertonians to RM 'reopening the School of Science'. Would you like to just blank and expunge it from your memory bank and conveniently forget it because you want to suggest he's been a 'clear failure'?

This is why I never take this critique of the manager's time here so far seriously: it's all short term BS. I recognise it for what it is: fickle.

My heart would be broken if he went :(:(:(

Wouldn't blame him though, imagine scoring all those goals and looking back watching us roll over. Manager is too blame if he goes. If we were where we should be - top 4 - he'd be going nowhere...

My heart would be broken if he went :(:(:(

Wouldn't blame him though, imagine scoring all those goals and looking back watching us roll over. Manager is too blame if he goes. If we were where we should be - top 4 - he'd be going nowhere...
You honestly believe if we were in 4th he wouldn't be thinking about leaving?

4th isn't a gaurantee of a CL campaign, not that hard to get knocked out in the qualifying game, especially as I doubt we would have a high seeding and therefore face one of the tougher opponents and we'd do it very early in the season wtih a lot of our players still recovering from the Euros. Only one of the five unseeded teams managed to make it through in 2015.

There is still PSG, Real, Barca, or even Man City
Barca will never buy him, cant see Madrid going for him likewise city atm. Will be Utd and PSG going for him imo, but im not expecting him to go for another season unless we see a shocking amount thrown at us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back