Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might get slated for this, but I really hope we sell him. Massively overrated.

I agree a bit with you. I think he is a very good finisher, but he is lacking too much in other areas. I think there is many other strikers out there who could get close to how many he scored for us, because he have had very good service. Our offensive play have for the first 2,5 season been very good and he has been fed nicely. I wouldn't mind a striker that would get fewer goals if that means the goals would be spread more around in the team and that the striker would manage to bring others into play/give assists, hold up the ball better when we need that and work harder for the team.

He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is or is going to be, 50m for him is good business, get Bony in for 20, and spend 30m on a young hungry kid with brilliant potential.

Ive been one of his biggest backers but the last two months has made me want to sell everyone.

The+Professional+Gary+Oldman+everyone.gif

Great finisher but I don't think successful clubs are using these big unit centre forwards now. Top European sides are using fast, very fit tricky strikers that can press and get in behind, Benteke and bony will be on the market this summer and Rom may struggle to get the move he believes he is worth.

I agree a bit with you. I think he is a very good finisher, but he is lacking too much in other areas. I think there is many other strikers out there who could get close to how many he scored for us, because he have had very good service. Our offensive play have for the first 2,5 season been very good and he has been fed nicely. I wouldn't mind a striker that would get fewer goals if that means the goals would be spread more around in the team and that the striker would manage to bring others into play/give assists, hold up the ball better when we need that and work harder for the team.
To be fair, I don't think it's entirely down to him at times this season for his poor performances, as Martinez's tactics resulted in our midfield sitting back and therefore leaving Rom isolated however, there can be no excuse for his lack of effort and that fact that he cannot control a ball or hold it up....or at least try and make space by running in to channels. He'd get eaten alive in the champs league.

Come to think of it, apart from the Chelsea goal (and arguably Arsenal at home last season), I'm struggling to think of a time when he's actually made a goal for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back