Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance on earth mate, if their was an agreement they wouldn't be doing all this crap - dad, agent, player giving constant interviews to try sour any chance of him remaining at everton

Also any gentleman agreement would be utterly pointless anyway as we have a new owner who certainly would laugh off any suggestion of it
Of course a 'gentleman's agreement' isn't legally binding but I suspect during negotiations these things are said to grease the wheels. By all accounts we did something similar with Arteta when extending his contract with City rumoured to be offering £20m. A poor season later, and he's off to Arsenal for £10m.

Of course a 'gentleman's agreement' isn't legally binding but I suspect during negotiations these things are said to grease the wheels. By all accounts we did something similar with Arteta when extending his contract with City rumoured to be offering £20m. A poor season later, and he's off to Arsenal for £10m.

Maybe so, either way hope IF he does get sold its to PSG and he goes on to have a crap Euros and end up rotting ont heir bench for the next 6 years before going to CVhina to end a illustrious career!

Yeah not bitter me though ;)

The bottom line is that Lukaku is a good but not great player. So ideally we would all like to keep him, because no fan wants to see their club lose 'good players'. However, we won't lose any sleep if we sold him for a 'great player' fee. It it was Everton buying we would all expect more than Lukaku for £65m.

3 months ago i was praising him for his goals and saying i wouldn't hold any grudges should he leave as he'd earned the right to play at the top and we clearly couldn't match his ambition. Now? i think he's an unprofessional, self promoting, spoiled little child who has far too many people around him telling him he's the greatest striker to play the game and it's his right to say and do what he wants. His total lack of respect for this club and what we have done for him the last 3 years is unforgivable. I hope someone meets our valuation and we get rid personally. No player is bigger than this club.

So lukaku is taking home 75k currently as he talks in the media about how he's leaving and how Martinez lost the changing room. Club should fine him!

I'd drag him and his agent in and give him an absolute bollocking, give him a copy of his contract and remind him he's a paid employee of this club.

If his dad wants a bit as well I'd drag his old arse in so he can hear first hand who owns his sons contract and who calls the shots

I'd then inform him we are not sanctioning any move and he can enjoy training with u21s for the next 12 months while a decision is made on his future.

These players have far to much to say these days, they need to be dragged back in line

I'd love us to reject every single offer and for him to have egg on his face when he returns for pre season.

Then put him in the reserves for the whole three years he's here until his contract expires.

I think Rom is showing admirable honestly and is giving us an insight into the inner machinations of the Club we wouldn't otherwise be able to receive.

I'm uncomfortable that we would be 'forcing' a former Belgian Ebony Shoe winner (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebony_Shoe_Award) to work for us against his will.

I'd love us to reject every single offer and for him to have egg on his face when he returns for pre season.

Then put him in the reserves for the whole three years he's here until his contract expires.
Yep, I'd love that too but financially it wouldn't be right for the club.

I wonder if his reported statement this morning about RM losing the dressing room is the beginning of an apology.
It could lead onto something like 'I'm staying and all the talk of me wanting to leave was just frustration'.

He will have to eat a giant slice of humble pie if that is the case and even if he did apologise I'm not sure I want him now, frustrated or not, too much of a bad apple for me. I'd rather do without his goals if it meant having harmony in the dressing room, ask Leicester.

Yep, I'd love that too but financially it wouldn't be right for the club.

I wonder if his reported statement this morning about RM losing the dressing room is the beginning of an apology.
It could lead onto something like 'I'm staying and all the talk of me wanting to leave was just frustration'.

He will have to eat a giant slice of humble pie if that is the case and even if he did apologise I'm not sure I want him now, frustrated or not, too much of a bad apple for me. I'd rather do without his goals if it meant having harmony in the dressing room, ask Leicester.
Funny sounding apology. "I've decided where I want to go next. In my head that's already done"

I hope we get a good price for him and get someone new in. I don't agree with having players in the team who are not interested in being here. I think we have seen from about March onwards that apart from the cup games, Romelu didn't give a monkeys and half the time he was just trotting about, trying not to get injured.

Hope we get 2 or 3 clubs bidding for him and get the price over the £65m mark and use the money to get 2 or 3 good players in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back