Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't, remember reading that Chelsea made numerous mistakes by not having buy back clauses inserted in contracts of those they sold

De Bruyne, Lukaku, Sturridge and Matic (who they ended up spending a shed load to buy back due to no clause)

It was reported a few weeks ago that there are are some clauses in the original contract and that Chelsea would be able to use these clauses to reduce any fee. Whilst I wouldn't be surprised about there not being a formal buy back option I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea have a first option as indeed they had with Matic also,it is almost the norm for a standard clause requiring a% of future transfer profit to be paid . It's all too easy to look at a transfer in isolation but you have to try and see a bigger picture and even then we in the main have no idea what players have been promised verbally or indded in writing

For instance Matic originally cost Chelsea£1.5 million later he was part of the deal to take sideshow Bob the other way meaning to sign Luiz in effect Chelsea paid about £21million plus Matic .
Subsequently Matic was brought back for £21million so an outlay of about £44 million. Sideshow bob was sold for a reported £50million. So at this time if you look at at these basic transactions they have Matic and a small profit.

Lukaku isn't going to be sold for £65 million if he leaves it will be top £50 million. By the time you take out things like agents fees, 5% going to the FA and another 5% to the player, unless he formally asks for a transfer and if the £28 million was indeed right then at most I would put any profit as being around £10-15 million

It was reported a few weeks ago that there are are some clauses in the original contract and that Chelsea would be able to use these clauses to reduce any fee. Whilst I wouldn't be surprised about there not being a formal buy back option I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea have a first option as indeed they had with Matic also,it is almost the norm for a standard clause requiring a% of future transfer profit to be paid . It's all too easy to look at a transfer in isolation but you have to try and see a bigger picture and even then we in the main have no idea what players have been promised verbally or indded in writing

For instance Matic originally cost Chelsea£1.5 million later he was part of the deal to take sideshow Bob the other way meaning to sign Luiz in effect Chelsea paid about £21million plus Matic .
Subsequently Matic was brought back for £21million so an outlay of about £44 million. Sideshow bob was sold for a reported £50million. So at this time if you look at at these basic transactions they have Matic and a small profit.

Lukaku isn't going to be sold for £65 million if he leaves it will be top £50 million. By the time you take out things like agents fees, 5% going to the FA and another 5% to the player, unless he formally asks for a transfer and if the £28 million was indeed right then at most I would put any profit as being around £10-15 million

Better than zero and better than keeping a forward who is not prepared to work.

He will tout himself around all summer, the bigger clubs who can afford £60m don't want/need him. The others can't afford £60m.

He will report back for the start of the season and blame the media for twisting his words. All is forgiven, rinse and repeat.

Probably. And our fans will think he isn't a crying, sulking tool downer immediately, as per.

His ego is gonna take a battering this summer when he's 3rd choice for Belgium and then he realises no one will pay what we want for him.

It really would teach him a harsh lesson if that yard dog Origi was in front of him in the team, play to the whistle, he hasn't turned up in at least a month for us.

It really would teach him a harsh lesson if that yard dog Origi was in front of him in the team, play to the whistle, he hasn't turned up in at least a month for us.
He definitely is as he was in the World Cup, also their number 1 is that Batshuayi. He'll need his transfer settled in the next 14 days.

Remember they paid £50m for David Luis, Chelsea must still laugh at that when they have board meetings.

Can't see that happening. He suggests he is staying in England and PSG clearly have already identified who is going to replace Ibra in the starting 11 and the suspicions are the player is already at PSG indeed their big spending will probably be on Gomes from Valencia. Having said all that football being what it is RM will probably end up at PSG !

PSG is my bet. Crap league and he will do well. Cameo champions league games as well ... Great stuff - just give us the 65milion and take him away as every day I hear about the crap he is spouting I dislike him him even more ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back