Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku lends me cognitive dissonance : as an Evertonian, I want his goals but don't want what comes with it -his denigrating his team (our 138 year old club), his obtuse arrogance, narcissism and misplaced sense of superiority ('me,me,me') .
And I recall listening to an interview with Steve Hanson, coach of NZ's ALL Blacks. His ethos is : we don't care how good a player a person is. Our pre-emptive selection policy is "no --------- (and the swear filter prevents the word, but it rhymes with bickheads)"...all players who put that black jersey on, subordinate any personal ambition,cockiness, to the greater ambition of the team.
Suffice to say, if Lukaku was a fantastic rugby player eligible to play for NZ, he would not be selected in the All Blacks.

And, I'd like Everton to follow the All Blacks' selection protocol.

Sorry Lukaku...no 'bickheads'.

He was our most important player last season. We'll be lucky to keep him. People's sensitivity regarding his comments and the obsession with his attitude can't hide that he is the best striker we've had in the last 20 years. (Runs)
no offence mate, but you were a dyed-in the-wool Martinez apologist until the very end. I'm not saying your opinion lacks currency, but it's a bit devalued.

He was our most important player last season. We'll be lucky to keep him. People's sensitivity regarding his comments and the obsession with his attitude can't hide that he is the best striker we've had in the last 20 years. (Runs)

Once you take a step back and not let the comments he made cloud your vision, it makes complete sense to try and keep him.

Please don't avoid the swear filter
If we sell him that's fine, but if there isn't a replacement lined up we're fu****. Niasse is a felon and who knows what he's going to do next season. Rom is one of the most important players on our team and people act like he murdered Dixie Dean cause he talks a lot.

Once you take a step back and not let the comments he made cloud your vision, it makes complete sense to try and keep him.
...on the caveat that he pulls his over-inflated head in and ceases his disrespectful comments toward Everton Football Club.
I've cut him his pretty useless football (the past couple of months) some slack, because I appreciate he had to play under the inept El Fraudo; but if he continues to sound-off like a petulant prima-donna, he can do one.

If we sell him that's fine, but if there isn't a replacement lined up we're fu****. Niasse is a felon and who knows what he's going to do next season. Rom is one of the most important players on our team and people act like he murdered Dixie Dean cause he talks a lot.
I agree with you about Niasse

I thought Yakubu was pretty tasty when he was bothered
But he was bothered more often than Lukaku
Old age alas caught up

Benteke, bony, pelle, -etc- the avaliable and realistic options that we could buy are all considerably worse than lukaku. So even with his attitude I'd be very happy to see lukaku stay with 100k per week contract upgrade.

Only a Lacazette, aubamayang or similar big signing would be better than lukaku.

And I agree with you
Everdecreasing.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back