Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous to say we don't need a striker that scores many goals.

Ideally, I'd like a striker that does both. But the priority is a team player, someone who actually wants to play for us and someone who fits the system Koeman has in mind. I'm convinced that Koeman doesn't really rate Lukaku and, if I'm right, I will have a lot of confidence in Ron going forward

They were all bought as backups, the club are hardly going to buy the likes of Kone to replace Lukaku
ahem

Kone was bought as first choice. He arrived before luakaku. Niasse was signed to be a first team player, hence why we paid so much. Valencia realistically the only back up.

but consider the fact we have signed 2 of them in the past 2 windows, one of them for quite a lot of money for this club in all honesty, can you honestly say hand on heart you believe the club can adequately replace lukaku with a striker who is A) better, B) scores as many as he does (remember his 25 goals a season pushes the price up to 65 million, C) is a better footballer ?

Better yet name one. Just one, a striker who would replace lukaku and replace his goals, and most of all will join us? Obviously whether we are in europa is the unknown factor right now.

honestly say hand on heart you believe the club can adequately replace lukaku with a striker who is A) better, B) scores as many as he does (remember his 25 goals a season pushes the price up to 65 million, C) is a better footballer ?

I don't think we can get someone who scores as many as he does, no. I do think we can get someone better though

Ideally, I'd like a striker that does both. But the priority is a team player, someone who actually wants to play for us and someone who fits the system Koeman has in mind. I'm convinced that Koeman doesn't really rate Lukaku and, if I'm right, I will have a lot of confidence in Ron going forward
Little bit curious mate, how do you expect us to win things or get anywhere if the striker doesn't score many goals?

I mean we had one score 25 and we finished mid table, not sure where we would end up scoring less?

If anything that kinda makes me question your opinion, that you would swap a 65 million valued striker for one that scored less and ran round more?

I don't think we can get someone who scores as many as he does, no. I do think we can get someone better though
ok then mate.

Name one BETTER striker than lukaku that we could sign? We will be replacing him in the summer so valid question, who do you value as better than lukaku and would want to come here (considering the players who didn't want to come here in the summer, allegedly)

that you would swap a 65 million valued striker for one that scored less and ran round more?

We can slap that value on him because of his goals, but we'll only get it from a team who isn't actually watching him. I mean, teams haven't exactly been beating down our door to sign him, have they?

To answer your question, I'm not a European scout and don't have a name for you that I would like to see come in, only that I'm sure there's plenty of lads out there who can control a ball, score goals and work hard. I'll leave it to Steve Walsh who has no doubt clocked what a donkey Lukaku is

We got 4th out of pure luck mate. Liverpool dropped some amazingly bad points to drop in the run in and after tommy left we seemed to find it hard to win a game.

Plus carsley being back played a massive part in the team tactics working in hindsight.

Point is, if anything lukaku has spent 3 years here waiting to see what will happen the following year, and has nothing to show for it. Back then, Rooney walked into a title winning team, starring in the Champions league and all the rest. Whereas we couldn't even get past the qualifying round.....

I wasnt being totally serious to be fair...

We could have won the league if Rooney stayed....

ok then mate.

Name one BETTER striker than lukaku that we could sign? We will be replacing him in the summer so valid question, who do you value as better than lukaku and would want to come here (considering the players who didn't want to come here in the summer, allegedly)

Its always possible to get someone in who fits a system better. Maybe someone who wont score quite as many but will provide more opportunities for others to score. A player who can force mistakes etc.

For me we ideally keep Lukaku as I agree he is a tremendous striker but its not the end of Everton or anything if he was to go. Life goes on and you adapt.

We can slap that value on him because of his goals, but we'll only get it from a team who isn't actually watching him. I mean, teams haven't exactly been beating down our door to sign him, have they?

To answer your question, I'm not a European scout and don't have a name for you that I would like to see come in, only that I'm sure there's plenty of lads out there who can control a ball, score goals and work hard. I'll leave it to Steve Walsh who has no doubt clocked what a donkey Lukaku is

Ok mate so you don't rate lukaku as a player. Claim we can sign better than him, but have no idea who?

Yeah mate, you can see where this is going.......

ok then mate.

simply put there isn't one. The best we can hope for is 2-3 players coming in that share the goal load that Rom leaves. In the long run it may actually improve the team overall but we won't have another striker like him for some time.

Its always possible to get someone in who fits a system better. Maybe someone who wont score quite as many but will provide more opportunities for others to score. A player who can force mistakes etc.

For me we ideally keep Lukaku as I agree he is a tremendous striker but its not the end of Everton or anything if he was to go. Life goes on and you adapt.
On that basis, we need more than just one striker because a lot of the team are crap at scoring goals as well lol

Ross doesn't score many (not through lack of trying) Kev is just kev and similar to ross, Bolasie is more of a winger, lennon pops up now and again, del can't shoot for toffee(s) lol barry isn't a goal scorer, Gueye probably not, cleverley not, i can go on.

So this all round striker needs to be backed up by at least 2-3 players who can score a goal as well just to replace lukaku.

So ergo, for us to replace lukaku in the team, we need to sign 3 players.

Ok mate so you don't rate lukaku as a player. Claim we can sign better than him, but have no idea who?

Yeah mate, you can see where this is going.......

I'm happy to wait until he's at PSG and Koeman has implemented his own vision to be proven right. In the meantime, I have realised how futile it is trying to get people to look past Lukaku's goals to the trampoline-shinned loner that decides to have a decent game once every few weeks.

Rom would score nearly every game for a top team in England or the top European leagues.

And we would have been fighting relegation without him last season.

I cannot see him being here next season so we need to plan ahead without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back