Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valencia showed him up today, only seems to play well when the team plays well and put it on a plate for him, all we ask as fans is that when things arent going your way you put the effort in, he just doesnt seem to get that

But that's why Diego Costa is a great footballer who could walk into most top sides, and Lukaku is at Everton and nobody will seriously bid to take a punt on him. He's half the player, and that's being generous.

Neither did the Straq, but he tried every game with out fail. Played with his heart on his sleeve but was an absolute woeful footballer.

His ego is far greater than his heart

I'd love him to show half the desire and snideness of Diego Costa. If the game isn't coming to you then go and find it and get stuck in.

He's not built for that mate, or running, or winning a battle of strength, or creating chances........ Oh, or controlling a ball either. He's a striker so he's only built to score chances laid on a plate.

Im really fuming with him, he is so frustrating its unreal.

Cleverley got slated and yes he was completely crap the longer the game went on but I bet even he didnt give that many passes away. Lukaku is constantly given a pass on here "coz he scores". Forget about the constant pressure he puts on everyone else when he cant control a ball. Its not the 90's, you cant get away with carrying players who are playing at 60% anymore and thats about Rom's level

There were a few moments in the second half where he put himself about and pressured Rojo, but it doesn't happen nearly enough.

I honestly don't know what will become of him after Everton. I don't think he realises how much more difficult life would be at a club with standards.

...what a comparison with ibrahimovic today. I loved watching that performance from the old man, you can see why he's played for the top clubs and won plenty. The two CBs (and Coleman) will know they've had a game, he was always the out ball, available to both full backs.

Ibrahimovic comes off his defender and usually wins the ball with the ability to bring others into play. Lukaku sat on one flank (I presume the team were looking to exploit their LB) but he didn't lead the line, rarely dropping to make a yard on his defender. If the boy wants to be top drawer I hope he watches a video of the old fella today.

And that's fine and correct, but ultimately he's not doing anything to try and make it work. He's just standing still and sulking and putting no effort in.

We can bang on about service to him all day, but what's he doing to benefit his team mates around him?

True.

But the main problem is that Koeman isn't particularly trying to use his strengths, he just wants him to run more.

In turn that just means its pretty evident these players don't suit Koeman's style. And when a 20 goal a season striker doesn't suit your style then...well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back