Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Lineker has been giving him some tips too, going by the colour of his shorts
c58fdf6e1e704176114454fd5c955a59.png

This is absolutely ace as long as any release clause is £70m+.

He's going to get 20-odd goals this season with two cup appearances, is now approaching the complete package as a striker and has been doing it for years now. He's well worth it.

We should be breaking the wage budget to keep him. It's an unacceptable blow to our ambitions both practically and mentally if we let him go this summer, unless it really is stupid money.

If Moshiri is the real deal, I can't see him sanctioning anything under £70m.

If he does sign, that top class inside forward or second striker we've needed for half a decade is an absolute must for the summer.

Let Lukaku be the beast he can be in an advanced role and let someone else hold the play - if we sort that, exciting times ahead.

That Gabbiadini looks like the real deal annoyingly, but won't know for sure until next season whether he'll be figured out. But someone like that - intelligent mover who can take a ball to feet to provide a Plan B to break down stubborn sides. With that midfield, we can play Schneiderlin/Davies/Gana from the start, then take one off for a second striker for the final 30 minutes to give a completely new way to play, and not actually lose defensive balance due to the quality we have in the middle whether we play two or three.

We should be breaking the wage budget to keep him. It's an unacceptable blow to our ambitions both practically and mentally if we let him go this summer, unless it really is stupid money.

But....but....but....

Personally, I'd be delighted if we put him in the reserves for a year, as I value our stature as a club more than the money for his transfer, and the lack of respect this clown has showed us is beyond belief

The best way back for him at this stage is to shut his mouth and just get on with playing for Everton.

I wouldn't give him a new contract, as he doesn't deserve rewarding. He should get on with doing a good job this upcoming season first and discuss a new contract this time next year.

As it stands, we hold all the cards. I think there's a good chance he'll leave, but as you say, if he stays, people will try and pretend he's a "total pro" and all the rest of it.

He's not. What he is is a talented, braindead mercenary. If he's an asset, so be it, but I'd hold fire on idolising him like he "gets" Everton or whatever. He doesn't.

:coffee:

Definitely. If we've accepted anything less and lose him in the summer, Raiola's clearly got the better of Moshiri and his team here, which'd be unacceptable given Lukaku's importance to the side.

On the other hand, if it's £70m+ and/or we keep him this summer, it'd be a great feather in Moshiri's cap for me. I'd be mightily impressed and optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back