Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the best situation mate but, the hands seem to have been dealt so, his name on a team sheet we play against (with say £75 mill to spend) or, on a team sheet we won't play against (with £60 mill to spend)?
I would hope we eventually do. We're trying to get in to the competition so I hope we beat his team in the 2018-19 edition (if he leaves).

It's not just a team we play against, it's a team we compete against. Regardless of the two matches a year we'd be up against him, it's the other 36 strengthening a team.

And wasn't Van Persie about 29 when he left Arsenal? Not the same imo

The 'team' bit, is important though. It's up to the manager how to gel the team, one player should not be the overriding factor in it.
There are plenty of examples of goalscorers who don't get success. There are also plenty of examples of players who score goals but, who are team players also and win.

Van Persie scored 26 goals when he signed for utd?

I'm talking about Everton being a pauper club being walked over by the Sky 4. I think you are missing my point.

It's the sky 6 now apparently, which we're still not part of yet.
I don't think I'm missing your point mate, I do know what you're saying but, I'd rather have the extra £20 mill and improve our team.

How much do you really know? The answer to that naturally is very little. So don't sweat it that much over stuff you can't control or don't understand the extent of. Maybe Koeman will comment further in his press conference. Maybe Lukaku will be sold. Maybe Lukaku will sign. Maybe Lukaku will sign and then be sold.

As illustrated often we are a preferred feeder of top clubs and one person signing a contract won't change that. A big new stadium may. A couple fo seasons in the Champions League certainly would. Suppose we should be hoping for that soon.

In the meantime you've had four years from an ace young striker who isn't from the area and has little affiliation compared to you or I or local players. If he does move on then there's little that can happen other than get the best possible deal and use that resources to find suitable replacement(s).

But again, who really knows? The media have got you many of you exactly where they want you with your anxiety driven hysteria.

As a sidenote some of you have massive mental separation issues. You need to work on that or Restraining Orders are heading your way.

How much do you really know? The answer to that naturally is very little. So don't sweat it that much over stuff you can't control or don't understand the extent of. Maybe Koeman will comment further in his press conference. Maybe Lukaku will be sold. Maybe Lukaku will sign. Maybe Lukaku will sign and then be sold.

As illustrated often we are a preferred feeder of top clubs and one person signing a contract won't change that. A big new stadium may. A couple fo seasons in the Champions League certainly would. Suppose we should be hoping for that soon.

In the meantime you've had four years from an ace young striker who isn't from the area and has little affiliation compared to you or I or local players. If he does move on then there's little that can happen other than get the best possible deal and use that resources to find suitable replacement(s).

But again, who really knows? The media have got you many of you exactly where they want you with your anxiety driven hysteria.

As a sidenote some of you have massive mental separation issues. You need to work on that or Restraining Orders are heading your way.
Better than the previews

I don't think he's going anywhere soon, he's signed until 2019. It's In his best interest to pen a new deal if the reported 140k a week is true. Plus if he thinks he's as good as he says he is then he should be worth a 90 mill buyout.

It's in the clubs hands at the end of the day. He's always on about being ambitious well the club should say you can stay on your 70k a week, no bumper pay rise or signing fee. We then go out in summer and be truly ambitious sign a boat load of quality players to get in the champions league then see what he wants to do. All the while lukaku has been earning 70k while the likes of Ross and new signings are on bumper contracts. Would serve him right that.

I miss the pics tbh. And the putdowns.

Anywho I am just learning about this because work ruled my life today.

Meh. Whatever.

He's supposedly lazy and has crap footballing ability.

Why? From a PR bit via Jim W or him wanting to go? For me, if we now do all our key output via JW and his relationship via Moshiri it's a limited response. If we are publicly responding to media reports he is leaving, do it via the OS, social media and front up to Sky/BBC.

If your why is about him wanting to go -I probably get why he may want to leave Everton but I'd prefer a similar public approach - let me hear the words, not via a leak or selective quotes - he has been on camera saying he leaves contracts to his little fat 10% man.

What I'd want is certainty of the position and it's a fair call if you're a fan. Without facts it's all subjective.

I was asking what is the issue with going through JW who is a major part of the SKY or talksport brand. It gets a lot of people talking about us.

The news letter at the school I work at has a further reach than our OS/ social media.

Do you want Everton to be an international brand or a just a Liverpool brand?

He will be in the blue of Chelsea next season, I'm almost sure of it. It nearly happened in the summer but Chelsea felt the price tag was too steep at that point as well as the timing of it all; Conte coming in and such. Lukaku has his heart set on a return to Chelsea and I think he is playing for that move, hence his form this season. Chelsea will have a few bob if Costa goes to China at the end of the season.

Everton want him to sign the contract with the new release clause so they can get top dollar for him in the summer with the lure of increased wages and back pay. Rom isn't interested in signing a contract that could potentially put Chelsea out of the running due to the £90m release clause that Everton want. That is the top and bottom of it. I'd be surprised if both Everton and Rom reached an agreement over the contract. I honestly believe he has no intention whatsoever of signing a new contract, regardless of how many sweeteners Everton throw in. I can see him going to Chelsea in the summer for a value in the region of £50-55m with the usual add ons.

I think the timing of all this coming out in the open now has been driven by Everton. We are basically letting the football world know that Rom has no intention of staying at Everton beyond the summer, so start preparing your bids.

I'm prepared for him not being here next season, as I'm sure Everton are as well. The lads heart and ambitions are somewhere else, not here. Our time is coming, and Rom wont matter when it does. As Rom says, his time at Everton has been a nice journey and I hope we all remember it as just that.

No way. That fee is too low, even lower than their bid last summer and he is the top PL scorer now.

Play hard balls and sell him aboard.

Listen to the newbie!

It was once in a generation luck that we ended up with a young striker who turned into a truly world class striker. Unfortunately we didn't have a quality team around him to capitalize in time and no way we are going to attract another world class striker to replace him this year.

For me, if Lukaku signs a contract it means the clause is one a club who he fancies going to, have already said they'd pay this summer. So in essence signing a contract means he'll be leaving.

Said it before....take the contract away, and sell him in the summer for what we want. Or he stays another season.

We're playing with the big boys now. We need to act like 1 ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back