Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a crucial player for us and our best and most consistent goal scorer in the past 30 years.He'll sign or he won't sign.If he doesn't want to sign then i guess we'll just get a quality replacement in.There are other players out there.I could be doing Rom a disservice here.But i do get the impression that he's the sort of person who thinks that Everton should be privileged to have him as a player when it should be the other way around.I think that's the main reason a lot of Evertonians haven't really taken him to their hearts.For all his big talk he did bottle it big time in that FA cup semi final against United.He is a very good player but if he doesn't want to be a part of Everton then we move on.Everton FC existed before and will exist long after Romelu Lukaku.

Lukaku has seen 2 transfer windows go bye waiting for Everton to turn all this noise into tangible CL ambition, the fact is he's still being asked to plough a lonely furrow up front for us.

Our own fault, got summer right we would have had a great chance...

Don't blame them though it's now allowed anymore....

He's done superbly for us, but before he came we were a stronger team than we have been for a few years, and without him there is nothing to say we can't use the money to return to that level and beyond.

Would be better of course to keep him and add to our squad, but perhaps someone more tactical and open to making space would see us scoring more team goals than with just an out and out goalscorer in the team. Not saying he won't be missed, we will not get as good again for a long time, but it doesn't mean we can't improve if he goes.

Him in the squad makes us more attractive to other top players, to some extent. Him leaving just highlights and cements in other players minds that we are a tier 2 team who cant attract or keep top players. It will set back our club by 2-3 years.

He's done superbly for us, but before he came we were a stronger team than we have been for a few years, and without him there is nothing to say we can't use the money to return to that level and beyond.

Would be better of course to keep him and add to our squad, but perhaps someone more tactical and open to making space would see us scoring more team goals than with just an out and out goalscorer in the team. Not saying he won't be missed, we will not get as good again for a long time, but it doesn't mean we can't improve if he goes.

Even if we have his sale money we are not going to be able to attract another world class player - they just won't move to northwest England to play in a non CL side. That's the problem.

Him in the squad makes us more attractive to other top players, to some extent. Him leaving just highlights and cements in other players minds that we are a tier 2 team who cant attract or keep top players. It will set back our club by 2-3 years.
Agents and players are professionals betting high stakes for success and visibility. They know how good we are. There's about a decade of consistent evidence for our place in the league. Lukaku was an outstanding prospect when he came and he's fulfilled a lot of that promise. As a team we're not at the level he is and so he wants to go and compete at the highest levels.

I don't think this sets us back, it's just sad cause he's a great player, a good professional who keeps his head, works for the team and is a brilliant finisher. There's not many others of his quality so we take the money and move on. It hasn't changed what people think of us.

however this shakes out, just increasingly tired of the Dramalu Lukaku. while i could certainly see it last year, while slogging along, this season we've seen marked improvement over the past two campaigns, and this calendar year we're playing particularly well.

just wish he'd stfu and play (and preferably like he has been rather than the closing months of last season)... let the club know his intention come May so we go to the Summer window ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back