Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance IMHO.

Lukaku and his agent want out, they want the fee agreed now and they want a pay rise whilst they wait.
We should give him a pay rise. On the 29th June so we can put it on our FFP figures for this year and we can then give his replacement and other players compettitve wages when he is sold on 1st July. Might as well make that Stones money work for us somewhere!

Thing about Rom is he must play, every week. During his everton career his form has gone from garbage in some games to absolute champions league quality beast, like you would expect from a young player. Problem for him is galactico clubs won't play him if his form dips ,we did because he was all we had.

No he doesn't.

Whatever happens with his contract, the lad has given us 4 years service and we'll more than double our money on him. He's scored us hatfuls of goals and should be able to leave with his head held high. If he wants to play CL at this point then that's a choice he can make - assuming someone puts enough cash on the table for him in the summer.

Anyone who boos and gives him grief on Saturday is a flute.
He's tried to drag us to CL kicking and screaming but the gross mismanagement and neglect of the midfield and defence meant it was always an uphill struggle. He's had terrible service and a sieve like defence behind him. As a fan I'm disappointed, but he's still our best player and wouldn't jeer him unless his performances were shocking.

I would go with that.

We are no longer skint, supposedly, so I see no reason not to tell Lukaku he is staying.

Then sell him next year even at £20 million less.

The ball is very much in Everton's court.....if that is what the club want to do.

That's what my thinking is on it, but part of me also thinks. FU if you don't wanna be here then do one, the part that grates is he should and could have done exactly what he said the other week and left it to his agent, instead he basically made the last ten games a sideshow that the media is gonna be all over now, and he's gave them the fuel for it, and he did so straight after the game at goodison. Total lack of respect for the club and fans really, he will get stick on Saturday, I wouldn't but loads will, and not gonna say I blame people who do.

There's a reason that he's never been a player loved by the fans, and its because since day one he's always thought he was better than the club.

Tell his fat mess of an agent what fee we want, and if no one matches it then he's gonna be staying next season.

He gave us four years to get into the Champions League. Four years has passed and we're still no where near the top 4. End of story.
That's true. But we are progressing. I think Moyes ended on 65 and 6th that's still achievable. Not to be celebrated but a significant step forward. I reckon his mind is made up unfortunately as he's brilliant.

That's true. But we are progressing. I think Moyes ended on 65 and 6th that's still achievable. Not to be celebrated but a significant step forward. I reckon his mind is made up unfortunately as he's brilliant.

Were progressing back to the level we were at when he signed... That's not really progression, it's more a case of fixing two season of regression.

What is obvious in all this is far

Sounds easy but quite simply you can't do that even if you want to. A contracted player has to play a set number of games in a season if they don't they are entitled to say bye bye without a fee or compensation . The timing of this coming out is crucial as is the fact that he is 3 years into his contract.

Plus god knows how other agents/players we will attempt to sign will react knowing this is the way we will react should they at one point want to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back