Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really have an issue with most of what he says to be honest. But...

My big issue is why now in the press? We're playing well, on a great run and confidence for both players and fans is as high as it has been for a few years. He himself admits it took time to adapt to Koeman but he bought into his vision and we are now hopefully seeing the evidence of this. Why rock the boat now?
£££££££££'s......sorry jinki

I'm not comfortable with players saying we could and should have signed a, b or c because they aren't the manager and he even goes on to say his job is to train and play, train and play. I just think it's detrimental to the squad saying stuff like that in public as a player.

Apart from that though it's a pretty non event interview isn't it.

Very honest and frank interview.

Reading between the lines the guy is obviously committed to playing his best for Everton whilst he is here, he's just frustrated that we haven't significantly kicked on since he signed permanently. Interesting comments about the players he "knew we could get and didn't" in the last two windows, though perhaps a tad contradictory when he's also claiming that he doesn't know "what the boards plans are".

Comes across genuine in what he says though and I've always thought that. He's obviously no.1 in his eyes but he still cares enough about us to actually want to win everything in sight.

The timing of all of this still really isn't great though..
Reckon he's on about depay there.

I get what people are saying and I agree to a point there's not an awful lot wrong with what he's said. But why make public comments like that in March with 10 games of the season to go? In fact why make those comments public at all?

The problem this has now given us is that any talented player worth his salt that we want to attract to the club in the summer will read those comments and think why should I go there? If it's not ambitious enough for Lukaku and he doesn't see a bright future then why should I?

Needed this like a hole in the head.

He's definitely one imo. He's spot on tbf we haven't been as ambitious as we should have been. Maybe he can be convinced to give it one more season if the board actually deliver some big signings in the summer who knows what's going on.
Daft thing is if we had bought him he wouldnt be getting a game ahead of Rom

Basically telling the rest of the squad there not good enough for him and he's better than them all

Nice one Rom

He's not though is he. He's talking about players we missed out on. That could have been Mata, VVD etc who would have taken us up a level.

kermit-lipton-hed-2013.jpg

Redemption for the "bedwetters" from the summer.

Who would have thought we were right after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back