Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happens with the contract I don't see why we would sell him this season. We can sell him with a year on his contract and still make a profit, no doubt about it. There's so much money in this league someone will pay it. He will not be able to go for a free because of a season of his goals and quality is worth a lot of cash, and Prem clubs have... a lot of cash.

And apparently so do we, so let's absorb a loss if we have to and get him for another season. We could not possibly sign a striker as good as him. He's the best goalscorer in the league, and he's in that bracket of the league's best forwards and best players. Even with all the money in the world it's hard to convince players of that quality to come here, so let's try and keep the one we do have for as long as we realistically can. And then hopefully we'll improve in the mean time and be able to attract players like that in the near future.

Made PFA Team of the Year - rightly so. Be an outcry if he hadn't. I cant remember many Everton players in Premiership era having done that.

On another point, why are these things done before the end of the season?

It's effing stupid. What of Siggurdson goes and scores 5 hat tricks or something, he'd be top scorer, top assister and single handedly kept his team up and worthy for player of the year ha
All week I've seen our official Facebook page listing the goal of the season nominations. We still have 5 games left to score some crackers

Well, for starters because we are probably( i hope) going to win the league, so we are going to have CL next season, something that he is absolutely crazy for, have a WC manager in Conte, a few WC players like Hazard,Courtois,Azpilicueta and Kante, are based in London,and judging by pretty much all the reliable reporters, are going to go on a really big spending spree this summer, so maybe he wants to be a part of that?
Plus you know, he also just happens to have supported Chelsea as a club since he was a kid.
I get that you dont want to see him go, and by no means is this over, but there is plenty of reasons for him to want to join Chelsea, although there is also a few good reasons for him to stay at Everton, pretty young team, so could be poised to push on, and maybe join the "elite" of the PL, being the main man for the club, something he probably is never going to be at Chelsea with Hazard there, so there is plenty of variables on his decision.
But Matt Law has some serious inside information at Chelsea, he is pretty much the go to guy, when it comes to Chelsea, so he definitely didnt made this out of thin air, if he said that, there is in all likelihood some truth to it, but this story definitely still has quite a few twists and turns before it is concluded, but like you guys, one way or another, i hope this is over at the beggining of the summer.
Anyway, this is just my input on the situation, hope you guys dont mind.
Cheers.
If Costa stays will Tom play second fiddle
Conte is a known admirer of Morata
Real are preparing bids for Hazard and Monacos wonderkid Mbappe so Morata could be a makeweight for Hazard if he goes to Real.
Will Chelsea play 100 million ?
It's all speculation for now.
The 100 m price tag is in my opinion Everton's way of saying he not for sale this summer
Koeman has said today he's staying
We will all just have to wait and see

If Costa stays will Tom play second fiddle
Conte is a known admirer of Morata
Real are preparing bids for Hazard and Monacos wonderkid Mbappe so Morata could be a makeweight for Hazard if he goes to Real.
Will Chelsea play 100 million ?
It's all speculation for now.
The 100 m price tag is in my opinion Everton's way of saying he not for sale this summer
Koeman has said today he's staying
We will all just have to wait and see
Costa is 100% leaving this summer, so playing second fiddle wont be a problem
Chelsea wont sell Hazard and will resist ANY bid for him according to well, pretty much all the reliable reporters, and Hazard himself doesn't seem to fancy going to Madrid too much, so i don't think there will be a problem.
What you are saying is true though, Conte is a known admirer of Morata, but it looks like Emenalo has his eyes set on Lukaku, so i hope there wont be any tensions regarding transfers between those two.
I think that a lot will come down to what Lukaku wants, if he absolutely insists on leaving i don't think that keeping him would be a very smart move, but you guys would need to get a replacement in before selling him IMO.
The way i see it, there is a ready made replacement for Lukaku in Mousa Dembele, or even, who knows, maybe our own Michy Batshuayi, who is a very good player, but never really had a chance. Do you guys fancy him?

Chelsea wont sell Hazard and will resist ANY bid for him according to well, pretty much all the reliable reporters, and Hazard himself doesn't seem to fancy going to Madrid too much, so i don't think there will be a problem.
What you are saying is true though, Conte is a known admirer of Morata, but it looks like Emenalo has his eyes set on Lukaku, so i hope there wont be any tensions regarding transfers between those two.
I think that a lot will come down to what Lukaku wants, if he absolutely insists on leaving i don't think that keeping him would be a very smart move, but you guys would need to get a replacement in before selling him IMO.
The way i see it, there is a ready made replacement for Lukaku in Mousa Dembele, or even, who knows, maybe our own Michy Batshuayi, who is a very good player, but never really had a chance. Do you guys fancy him?

Give us 95 Million and that Michy fella for Lukaku and we will tell you if he is any good or not in a few years time when we let you have him back for 150 Million.;)

Dembele is not proven
Let's be honest a couple of good games in Europe and Celtic romped the league so much it's embarrassing
Michy is again unproven and hasn't impressed against lower league opposition when picked
He may be the next Lukaku but we would need a proven goal scorer if Rom goes.
I think Conte will pick his own players and with winning the league he will have a strong hand to play with Roman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back