Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ready for life without Rom.

20 goals a season are big shoes to fill though, I hope we can get somebody to slot in and fill that void immediately.

He has his admirers and his detractors. For all of the things he isn't very good at, he makes up for that by slotting 20 a season, which is an absolutely priceless commodity and why there will be lots of suitors willing to pay big bucks.

He will leave with his head held high and for a huge profit for the club, it's a win win all round.
I'd rather we had three players in the team who can give us 10-12 per season.The money we get should make that possible.

Getting daft now.

Only Evertonians could proper get on the case of the leagues leading goalscorer.

His goals against 'lesser' teams ? Well you know what, they win us 3 points. The same amount as you get against the 'better' teams.

We are 7th. Exactly where we should be at the moment. Were not good enough for top 4 yet.. i emphasise yet.

Rom is improving season on season. If he had the chances he missed in the semi last season now, i reckon he would score.

Is he worth £100m ? No. Is he at least twice as good as £27m Bolasie ? All day long.

I ban my kids from social media and their lives get easier, i only wish we could ban our players too.

It's all getting very tiresome now.

He made it clear he is leaving, several weeks have passed and he has done nothing to contradict that stance.

I think we will have a huge task on our hands to replace his goals, and that alone, but he has never attained legend status here, and that tells all despite his scoring record.

I thought initially that we should draw this out over the summer, but I hope its resolved quickly and we can get on with business.

It's all getting very tiresome now.

He made it clear he is leaving, several weeks have passed and he has done nothing to contradict that stance.

I think we will have a huge task on our hands to replace his goals, and that alone, but he has never attained legend status here, and that tells all despite his scoring record.

I thought initially that we should draw this out over the summer, but I hope its resolved quickly and we can get on with business.
I think it's pretty easy to figure out why that is. The guy, since day 1, has made it clear we are nothing more than a stepping stone for him. Goes on international breaks and tells the press there he 'deserves' to play in the Champions League. Hires an agent that the first thing they say is 'if I was his agent then he'd never been allowed to sign for Everton' and says nothing to contradict him.

He treats this great club as tho we should be happy we have had the privilege to have him play for us and not the other way around.

Hard to take to someone who talks about you openly as such..

I go through stages of thinking he's an absolute beast of a player who we are lucky to have. Then other times I think he's the luckiest man on the planet playing for us with a team build around him.

My mates a WBA fan and he is much more of a legend with their fans then he has ever been for us.

I'm rather excited of the prospect of Sandro, dolberg and another striker coming in to be honest.

All may not be a success but lets say 2 out of the 3 are and its been pretty good

Getting daft now.

Only Evertonians could proper get on the case of the leagues leading goalscorer.

His goals against 'lesser' teams ? Well you know what, they win us 3 points. The same amount as you get against the 'better' teams.

We are 7th. Exactly where we should be at the moment. Were not good enough for top 4 yet.. i emphasise yet.

Rom is improving season on season. If he had the chances he missed in the semi last season now, i reckon he would score.

Is he worth £100m ? No. Is he at least twice as good as £27m Bolasie ? All day long.

I ban my kids from social media and their lives get easier, i only wish we could ban our players too.

But generally, his goals against the lesser teams are like the 3rd or 4th we've put passed them (i.e. we have the 3 points anyway). I'm not knocking his goalscoring abilities but my qualm with him is his bad performances against big sides - he hardly ever turns up for them, but then wants to play for them. The last match I can think of against a big side where he played well, was that 3-3 derby a couple of years ago.

But generally, his goals against the lesser teams are like the 3rd or 4th we've put passed them (i.e. we have the 3 points anyway). I'm not knocking his goalscoring abilities but my qualm with him is his bad performances against big sides - he hardly ever turns up for them, but then wants to play for them. The last match I can think of against a big side where he played well, was that 3-3 derby a couple of years ago.
He's equalled Dixie Deans convective goals in home games record this season.
I'd suggest we look at how we set up away ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back