Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a straw man lads? We are not in a business meetings swerve that lingo

no he's not. If we didn't have Lukaku we would have had an extra 50 to 60 million to replace him last Summer. Thats 50 million more than any of the chasing pack. We'd have been well ahead of Stoke either way.
Spending it wisely is another matter.

I'm unconvinced this Dutchman knows his arse from his elbow on that score.

[QUOTE="Bryan, post: 5444015, member: 28206"]What's a straw man lads? We are not in a business meetings swerve that lingo[/QUOTE]

...a scarecrow

Hughs is saying that if we didn't have Rom we wouldn't be clear of the chasing pack. It's actually past tense!
Yeah, I suppose it is. But it works just as well rolling it forward a season if we dont have him.

IMO, it's not guaranteed money from his sale would be spent wisely and Everton - with the added amount of games to be played - would be back 9th/10th.

well. it's more a straw man fallacy; it substitutes actuality with speculation and makes conclusion extrapolated from the latter.

ie 'if Everton didn't have some good players, they would not be as good'
I don't think that's what a strawman is.

What Hughes did is simple speculation. He didn't try to misrepresent someone's position by imposing another argument onto them and arguing against that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back