Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I doesn't ... pogba was a world record fee... British record is a deal between two British clubs isn't it?

The progression of the British football transfer fee record tracks the increases in the record for the highest transfer fee paid or received by British association football clubs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progression_of_British_football_transfer_fee_record

You might be right though, the article may have been trying to mean between two British clubs, but I doubt Chelsea can talk us down from £100m to a pittance over the Torres fee of £50m!

The original post said that Chelsea weee hoping to "talk is down to a British record" so seeing as pogba was bought by Man U and is a world record... I assumed that a British record must be less... hence my assumption that a British record meant a record between two British clubs..

The original post said that Chelsea weee hoping to "talk is down to a British record" so seeing as pogba was bought by Man U and is a world record... I assumed that a British record must be less... hence my assumption that a British record meant a record between two British clubs..

Probably the intent but with bad wording.

But it'll obviously be more than Fernando Torres' fee anyway so a moot point.

It should be closer to £80m, hopefully more.

He missed more than one mate; could have scored 3-4 times in two matches. Against the Czech Republic he played a good match (apart from the finishing), against Estonia he just couldn't be bothered. It was horrible.

And in the video you see one of the reasons that contribute to him getting booed from time to time with the Belgian squad (watch it from the 12th second- btw the guy who is commentating is an idiot everybody dislikes him, on top of that he has a dreadful voice).

Look at it; what is that.

Got a soft spot for Wesley Sonck. Had him at Lierse in Football Manager one time banged in the goals for me.

We will miss his goals, anyone would. But there are strikers out there who are available that can offer more to the team than just his goal threat and presence up front. I'm a massive fan of rom and will be sad to see him go, he will no doubt develop into one of the best goal scorers in the leagues history but his touch will always be a fault in his game.

Top top teams will have to play someone up with him in my opinion. His touch isn't good enough to be the focal point of an attack when a team sits deep which is what teams always do against the bigger teams. Not saying he will struggle at Chelsea, hell score a boat load but they will have to play a different way next season as he is a completely different player to Costa.

Good luck to him, he's earnt a shot at playing at a higher level on the sheer volume of goals he's netted. Big fat wedge for us, invest it in a couple of good forward players and spread the goals around the team a bit more. Not worried if he goes which is weird considering the part he's played in our last 4 seasons but literally everything in the team is geared towards him. Changing that will benefit us I think.

Got a soft spot for Wesley Sonck. Had him at Lierse in Football Manager one time banged in the goals for me.

Haha how did you end up playing with Lierse mate? Now he's like the Belgian Michael Owen (with a particular dislike for Lukaku since he's close to surpassing him on the national goal scorer's listing)

Why should we sell Rom just because he want's out?He has 2 years left on his contract.I say we don't sell this summer and force him to stay another year.He won't like it but he'll have to seal with it.It will give us a year to properly source a replacement and Ron won't down tools, because there is nothing for him to gain by doing that.He needs to play football and there is a world cup coming up.The only losers in this if Rom downs tools is Rom himself.So i say force him to stay with us another year and then sell him next summer.Hopefully by then he might have learned some humility and actually start delivering the goods in the really big games.

Saw this on twitter yikes

Tbf here those two matches are amongst his worst for the national team. Against Estonia he genuinely couldn't be bothered - he does that sometimes. Against Holland - a friendly (I think it was the November one), not a single person in the team could be bothered to turn up. To his credit; when he entered the game the balance changed. If I remember correctly we started the game with Mertens as a false nine; was a complete failure, Lukaku entered and the team started playing better; even though he didn't have a good game.

I dislike compilations; they are quite easy to manipulate.

Haha how did you end up playing with Lierse mate? Now he's like the Belgian Michael Owen (with a particular dislike for Lukaku since he's close to surpassing him on the national goal scorer's listing)

Jesus, Belgiums record goalscorers have 30 goals, what sort of country is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back