Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, and I will probably get dogs abuse for saying it, surely it does make you less of a fan. Surely if you have no connection to the club and live halfway across the world you cant class yourself as much of a fan as someone who turns up week in week out and pays good money to support us?
What a load of TOSH.What's this .... my dads bigger than your dad ?

Been following since the '70's, seen enough bad patches thanks, but I've only seen 1 game at Goodison (2 games here). Apologies if I don't qualify.
Of course.

You've spent money to come to a game. You followed in the 70's when we weren't a successful team.

I know a lot of Liverpool fans who don't go to the game anymore due to the reason that it is just full of tourists around them. Most jumped on the bandwagon in 2005.

I don't want that for Everton.

I'm proud that Everton have a mostly loyal and local fan base.

Anyone remember getting them stickers when you renewed your season tickets a couple of years ago? 'I go the game'.

Someone tell me that wasn't Everton having a dig at Liverpool fans.

With all due respect, and I will probably get dogs abuse for saying it, surely it does make you less of a fan. Surely if you have no connection to the club and live halfway across the world you cant class yourself as much of a fan as someone who turns up week in week out and pays good money to support us?
With all due respect I think that's a totally backwards way of thinking about it. I've been once twelve years ago for a friendly but if I was a multi millionaire I'd retire to Liverpool and go every week home and away. What you fail to understand though is that due to the time difference a lot of us have to plan days of our lives around watching Everton. There are times when I'd love to stay out the whole night but I know I'd rather be up to watch the Everton game at 7:00 or on the good days a little later. Pay money? Before these last few years with NBC taking over the rights I had to pay nearly half a season ticket just to make sure I could watch us every week with a special service. I don't even want to know what fans with less convenient time changes do.

As for a local connection, again you are probably taking what you have for granted. I'd love to be surrounded by blues but the area I live in, I'd be surprised if there was another blue outside of Chicago (2 1/2 hours away) and everyone I mention the sport to not even the club looks at me like I just spoke another language.

My overall point being it (seems) much much easier being a blue in Liverpool with family connections than some random person in a sea of ambivalence.

The responsibility on us out-of-towners is to learn and study the scouse way of life, the dialect, the history. Acclimate. It's a culture to absorb. Do that and you'll earn the respect of the local blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back