Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no-one meets the price and he has to stay, I could see him signing a one year extension. He will want to up his wages as soon as he knows no-one will meet the asking price and I expect a lower than £100m release clause inserted, somewhere around £80m would be my guess.

He isn't going to sign a one year extension if he did it would have to be on the same terms you can't increase wages in an existing contract. If he signs a new contract, which doesn't seem likely, then it will be for another 5 or so years.
Forget all this about him losing out on wages . The sort of wage increase being talked about at Everton would be dwarfed by any signing on fee, share of transfer fee and increase he would be looking for at a CL club.

He isn't going to sign a one year extension if he did it would have to be on the same terms you can't increase wages in an existing contract. If he signs a new contract, which doesn't seem likely, then it will be for another 5 or so years.
Forget all this about him losing out on wages . The sort of wage increase being talked about at Everton would be dwarfed by any signing on fee, share of transfer fee and increase he would be looking for at a CL club.

If said CL club meets our valuation, which I doubt is £100m. I was talking in terms of them not. The fascinating thing is the buying club are Chelsea who we seem to have fallen out with over Stones. I see this as a can't lose situation for Everton given its world cup season.

If said CL club meets our valuation, which I doubt is £100m. I was talking in terms of them not. The fascinating thing is the buying club are Chelsea who we seem to have fallen out with over Stones. I see this as a can't lose situation for Everton given its world cup season.

It's a bit of a myth to suggest that clubs fall out for when it comes down to it they will all do business with others when it suits. When you reflect on the whole Stones affair it was said he wouldn't be sold and yet he was.

Everton you say can't loose.A things stand he isn't going to sign a new contract what do Everton do if that remains the case and he isn't sold? Some say not pick him, that's not going to happen. Some say force him to stay, that could happen but would be a disaster.

I wonder if we will get £80m before performance-based add ons. My guess is that's the threshold we're looking for.

Simply not true.

It's a bit of a myth to suggest that clubs fall out for when it comes down to it they will all do business with others when it suits. When you reflect on the whole Stones affair it was said he wouldn't be sold and yet he was.

Everton you say can't loose.A things stand he isn't going to sign a new contract what do Everton do if that remains the case and he isn't sold? Some say not pick him, that's not going to happen. Some say force him to stay, that could happen but would be a disaster.

Why do you think it would be a disaster? I don't think he can afford to down tools for the entire season with a WC year. If he slots 20+ again next year, you would think we should challenge top 4 with the improvements already made.
Hopefully that would encourage him to stay. Likely not, but even still with how prices have inflated recently, there is no reason not to think his price with 1 year left next summer will be drastically different than it is now with 2 years (I know lots will laugh at that but who 12 months ago thought we would be talking about 100M for him? Haven't went through this entire thread, but most last summer were hoping we would get this past season out of him, and then let him go for 60M if we didn't make top 4, and most thought that would be good business, a year on and i don't think as many would say 60M is good business for Rom.....)

Rom signed a professional contract which ties him there for another 2 years. He would have forced himself to stay, not the club. I don't see why Evertons valuation should drop just because Rom wants a change. The price is the price and I doubt very much that it's the touted £100m. Anything over £70m and I'd wish him luck personally.

We hold all the aces. Every pundit seems to have had their say on the merits of lukaku going back to Chelsea. Lukaku himself spouting 'he knows his next club' 'I want to play in the champions league'.
Chelsea themselves have an unhappy player in Costa, they desperately need to sell him as he will be a bad presence around the club. Conte wants lukaku, we have set the price. If it's not met, it's simple he remains with us. The difference being lukaku can't down tools and sulk as its World Cup year.
Alledgedly chelsea have already had bids for koulibaly and Sandro (the juve one) turned down. Their transfer window isn't going to plan, the longer this goes on the more likely they will stump up the cash to appease conte and the fans.

If that 'Daily Star' story is anything to go by & we're holding out for upto 100m...

Fair play to us for getting every penny out of them. Even if it's only 80-85 we get, we stumped up enough cash initially that now gives us a strong hand.

Simply not true.

Sorry but you are wrong. If when you sign a contract and there is an option for another year or increased payments year on year that's one thing but if you have signed a contract on say x a year for 3 years you can not then increase the sums payable in any of the years still remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back