Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we aren't winning toff ffs, you see how this works.

Of course. It's an awful run.

But you can't sack a manager every time you lose.

I'm not saying he's great or that he's not made mistakes. I'm just saying he isn't gonna be sacked any time soon without a chance to a) bring his own players in and b) set a style in place.

We are a midtable side. We're in midtable. That's not a sackable offence.

I'm not saying he's great or that he's not made mistakes. I'm just saying he isn't gonna be sacked any time soon without a chance to a) bring his own players in and b) set a style in place.

1 win in 11 is close to a sackable offence for any club with ambition.

Maybe but let's be honest we don't actually have a clue what Ronald Koeman does or does not do.
What we have seen is a bunch of poor performances, and a lack of tactics other than hoof to Rom,and hope he holds it up.
Colour me unimpressed, can't even pass a ball to each other at the moment.

Tell that to Roberto Martinez?

Almost got us to two cup finals and a European cup quarter final
Never lose sight of the the absolute fact, that he was the first manager since Walter Smith to lead us to back to back bottom half finishes. Also those two domestic cup runs meant nothing because A. It's incredibly small time to celebrate making a semi-final and B. The minute we met a decent team we were binned out and before anyone says it, Chelsea were atrocious last year.

Roberto made us the midtable side that Koeman took over... that is a sackable offence :)
Keeping us as a midtable club when the goal is Europe, I'd argue that too is a sacking offence.
We'll see where we are come May, if things continue as football wise with a midtable finish I want him gone at the end of the season.

We have to be patient. Unless we want to start firing managers every 15 games when quite clearly the players aren't good enough.

Agree with the first part of that sentence about not wanting to be firing managers after fifteen games but not with the second part.

The players are not as bad as some would make them out to be.

But my question was about when you would stop being patient.

Are you prepared to be patient to to the point of us continuing in this present vein of form and winding up in a relegation dogfight?

Which we might not win, BTW.

If we get to the end of February, say and nowt has improved would you be in favour of rolling the dice and ditching him?

Is patience a luxury we can afford if the ship is holed and taking in water?

I am not trying to be funny or owt.....I am just curious as to how other fans feel about this very worrying drift and how the club go about ending it.

I certainly don't advocate firing him right now but my fragile support is very much conditional on him showing me he is capable of being better.....and motivating and utilising the players he has available to him....than he has been up to now.

A reminder then that Les Reed pushed Koeman - he wouldn't allow him to run out his contract there. Koeman's own words.

Seems he was brought in to steady the ship at Southampton? He did that well.

What has he been brought in to do here? Make us a more attractive proposition than Martinez?

Has Koeman ever been at a club that has money to spend? And spent it well?

He's here short term, true to his football nomadic management career to date... he won't show Everton any loyalty, and Everton would do well to have the same attitude to Koeman.

I think too many are expecting loyalty based on how the club has conducted themselves and the club being synonymous with good faith. Personally I couldn't give a care for how passionate mangers are about the club, it's an added bonus if they are, yet all I care is results and how we get them.

Koeman's body language has showed he's not really that bothered motivating the players highly or bigging the club up. Some would say that's his job, others will say it isn't. Koeman will be as angry with himself as he is with anyone else that's for sure, and this is why I'm still optimistic, because Koeman knows he HAS to change our fortunes, otherwise it's a sacking and a bad reputation. He isn't concerned about how the club has been or will be like when he leaves. He's here to polish his CV, but our aims are mutual so to say Koeman isn't bothered is untrue, he's bothered by how he's looking but either way he needs to change our fortunes for his sake.

Tell that to Roberto Martinez?
He made us what we are.

He picked us up in 6th with a record of
P 38 W 16 D 15 L 7 F 55 A 40

He left us 13th

P 37 W 10 D 14 L 13 F 56 A 55

Martinez benefited from what Moyes left him massively and Koeman in turn is now ''benefiting'' from what Martinez left him.

the only good thing is before man utd ko,and chelsea game ends,we are only 1 point behind 6th place,but we should be so much higher/better,considering how we started,all this we got a bad squad he took over stuff,should the start not have been the other way around,start bad then koeman gets stuck into them and we go up the table if we were so bad,not win 4 from 5 then go down,excuses from him to much for me shifting blame etc,hes the boss,should sort it out,will be the players need time that we sign in Jan if we carry on bad for months after

Agree with the first part of that sentence about not wanting to be firing managers after fifteen games but not with the second part.

The players are not as bad as some would make them out to be.

But my question was about when you would stop being patient.

Are you prepared to be patient to to the point of us continuing in this present vein of form and winding up in a relegation dogfight?

Which we might not win, BTW.

If we get to the end of February, say and nowt has improved would you be in favour of rolling the dice and ditching him?

Is patience a luxury we can afford if the ship is holed and taking in water?

I am not trying to be funny or owt.....I am just curious as to how other fans feel about this very worrying drift and how the club go about ending it.

I certainly don't advocate firing him right now but my fragile support is very much conditional on him showing me he is capable of being better.....and motivating and utilising the players he has available to him....than he has been up to now.

Relegation/in a relegation fight would be Martinez's fault mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back