Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping us as a midtable club when the goal is Europe, I'd argue that too is a sacking offence.
We'll see where we are come May, if things continue as football wise with a midtable finish I want him gone at the end of the season.

really, after one season?

As bad as we have been, we're still more than in with a shout of a top 7 finish.

But he won't get sacked if we don't get that, no matter how much 'you' want it. It ain't happening as long as we improve on last season's finish.

He made us what we are.

He picked us up in 6th with a record of
P 38 W 16 D 15 L 7 F 55 A 40

He left us 13th

P 37 W 10 D 14 L 13 F 56 A 55

Martinez benefited from what Moyes left him massively and Koeman in turn is now ''benefiting'' from what Martinez left him.

How long will you blame Martinez?

He's gone mate, he's was sacked for underperforming with the side available to him. End of story, really.

Now it's down to Koeman - he needs time, but he has to show something.

Of course it wouldn't.

There's nothing wrong with stating the fact that he made us a poor side though.

Not overlooking Martinez turned us into a crap side Toff, after 15 games (1 win in 10) though there are hardly any signs of us actually getting any better, and I know some of that is down to the players, but Koeman (I know he needs time) takes his fair wack of the blame as well.

Not overlooking Martinez turned us into a crap side Toff, after 15 games though there are no signs (I know he needs times) of us actually getting any better, and I know some of that is down to the players, but Koeman takes his fair wack of the blame as well.

he does - baffling decisions in term of the system etc and he deserves to be questioned for that

He made us what we are.

He picked us up in 6th with a record of
P 38 W 16 D 15 L 7 F 55 A 40

He left us 13th

P 37 W 10 D 14 L 13 F 56 A 55

Martinez benefited from what Moyes left him massively and Koeman in turn is now ''benefiting'' from what Martinez left him.

Not advocating Martinez but Yes he took over Moyes squad but he added his own attacking flavour so the team was a hybrid if you will. I don't see anything Koeman has done to stamp his name on the team and style of play. Such a weak argument, the man isn't performing to standard, that is all I'm judging him on.

I think too many are expecting loyalty based on how the club has conducted themselves and the club being synonymous with good faith. Personally I couldn't give a care for how passionate mangers are about the club, it's an added bonus if they are, yet all I care is results and how we get them.

Koeman's body language has showed he's not really that bothered motivating the players highly or bigging the club up. Some would say that's his job, others will say it isn't. Koeman will be as angry with himself as he is with anyone else that's for sure, and this is why I'm still optimistic, because Koeman knows he HAS to change our fortunes, otherwise it's a sacking and a bad reputation. He isn't concerned about how the club has been or will be like when he leaves. He's here to polish his CV, but our aims are mutual so to say Koeman isn't bothered is untrue, he's bothered by how he's looking but either way he needs to change our fortunes for his sake.

This is the sad thing, Tony.

He doesn't need to change it round for his own sake.....he needs to turn it round for ours.

Before our collective sanity goes :blush:

In the mad world that is football management at this level, a few disastrous reigns at major clubs will not count against you in the future.

Look no further than Koeman himself.....sitting here on £6 million p.a. a few years after almost ruining Valencia :pint2:

Nice work if you can get it.

Agree with the first part of that sentence about not wanting to be firing managers after fifteen games but not with the second part.

The players are not as bad as some would make them out to be.

But my question was about when you would stop being patient.

Are you prepared to be patient to to the point of us continuing in this present vein of form and winding up in a relegation dogfight?

Which we might not win, BTW.

If we get to the end of February, say and nowt has improved would you be in favour of rolling the dice and ditching him?

Is patience a luxury we can afford if the ship is holed and taking in water?

I am not trying to be funny or owt.....I am just curious as to how other fans feel about this very worrying drift and how the club go about ending it.

I certainly don't advocate firing him right now but my fragile support is very much conditional on him showing me he is capable of being better.....and motivating and utilising the players he has available to him....than he has been up to now.

Sure I'll answer no probs.

If we are fighting relegation ie 15th or lower March time, then get rid.

If he hasn't improved on last year's league position it would be a very fine line indeed. 10th or better and he stays and gets the summer.

Going to stick my neck on the line and say I think we'll be fine. Won't be pretty, but possible a place in Europa.

How long will you blame Martinez?

He's gone mate, he's was sacked for underperforming with the side available to him. End of story, really.

Now it's down to Koeman - he needs time, but he has to show something.

It is like the way Osborne kept blaming Labour every time one of his cock eyed schemes to deal with the deficit ended in chaos :(

Sure I'll answer no probs.

If we are fighting relegation ie 15th or lower March time, then get rid.

If he hasn't improved on last year's league position it would be a very fine line indeed. 10th or better and he stays and gets the summer.

Going to stick my neck on the line and say I think we'll be fine. Won't be pretty, but possible a place in Europa.

Pretty much my own thoughts, Tony ;)

COYBB

really, after one season?

As bad as we have been, we're still more than in with a shout of a top 7 finish.

But he won't get sacked if we don't get that, no matter how much 'you' want it. It ain't happening as long as we improve on last season's finish.
Yes. So far he has shown nothing to me to say that he will be able to progress us as a football team and attain European football in the future.
If that's still the case after a year, why persist? That's yet more wasted resources and time down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back