Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any examples?

I'm playing devils advocate here BTW. I'm as fed up with Koeman as most are.

Well the much maligned Mr Allardyce has rescued a few clubs from relegation there's one perfect example. It happens all the time with teams fighting relegation, new manager revitalises them and they stay up.

He took over a team down and out in terms of morale and has had no effect in helping lift it whatsoever. I fear we needed someone with much better man management skills.

I can see what you're saying with me blaming Martinez, but if you look at Martinez first season here we got 16 clean sheets, no matter which way you dress it up that ain't Martinez.

The point I'm making is the previous manager in that season had a long lasting influence, so why is it so ridiculous to acknowledge the previous managers role in this current mess, no way am I saying it's all his fault I'm saying it's a combination.

Completely agree.

But then you'll have to agree that a side that used to have 60% of the ball, have a high passing ratio, and also be a huge goal threat, now has none of the above.

I agree but on the wages paid he should be getting something out of his current squad, sh1thouses or not. If anything our style of football has worsened, we have no plan B other than waiting till Jan. By all means we need to cut out the rot, but I'm concerned about his managerial credentials based on what we've seen so far both in performances and results.

As I mentioned yesterday you could pay the best manager in the world £89m a year and I don't fee they could get anything out of this squad.

I agree with a lot of the criticism Koeman is getting though.

The way he sits there when things aren't going well is really starting to grind me. It feels like he's given up until January. Which is risky because well Everton aren't good at windows at all.

I think one of our problems, both as an online community and as a wider fanbase in general, is that we are in very unfamiliar waters managerially speaking.

We had about 18 years of relative stability in the manager's office.......Walter came in 1998, Wee Davey in 2002 and Bobby in 2013.

And now Ronald in 2016.

During that time the face of top flight football in England has changed beyond all recognition.

Only Arsenal have had fewer managers than us since 1998.....we are on to our fourth.

United have had three in three and a bit years after the stability of Ferguson.

We are not used to dealing with a manager whom underperforms virtually from the getgo.

Even Mike Walker did what he was supposed to do in his first few months....avoid the drop.

We do not want to join the hire and fire brigade because we know that often makes things worse.

On the other hand, we have seen other clubs, the RS and Spurs spring to mind, do it regularly until they hit lucky.

I just don't know what to do.

I am just glad I have a bunch of like minded obsessives on here to debate it with ;)

Otherwise I would sit here brooding about it and making myself even more depressed :coffee:

Well the much maligned Mr Allardyce has rescued a few clubs from relegation there's one perfect example. It happens all the time with teams fighting relegation, new manager revitalises them and they stay up.

He took over a team down and out in terms of morale and has had no effect in helping lift it whatsoever. I fear we needed someone with much better man management skills.
I mean for clubs in our position. Not 6 month salvo jobs.

Remember Joe Royle coming in? David Moyes rescued a sinking ship, it can be done.
Yes I do, but neither came in with transfer windows in place. The first thing Moyes did was shop out Ginola and Gazza.

I'm looking for examples of a manager taking a team from massively underperforming as per expectation and having 1 window (at best) and turning them around in 15 games.

So the other 2 and half seasons don't count?

A predominantly possession based side now cannot string 3 passes together.

Kinda proves the criticisms of Koeman that he's getting players to play a way theyre not suited to
In 14/15 we scored 48 league goals mate, let's not rewrite history here mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back