Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My major issue isnt just the results but the football tactics. Martinez built an attacking team for small passing and interplay. While mentally weak and defensively fragile the team was built for that style. Now with the same players we are trying to bypass the midfield and get rom to hold it up (his biggest weakness!). Sitting deep, and not exploiting the pace we have in attacking positions. I understand the defence needed fixing, but more men back, is exposing us to more pressure and blunting our attack. We also failed to address the biggest defensive weakness, high balls into our box. Ashley Williams can be a great defender but struggles with aerial balls!

You could compare Koeman performance with Conte at Chelsea.

Both have gone into clubs where players got their previous managers the sack and there is a considerable toxic presence in the squad.

Content has assessed his squad, made tactical adjustments, got some of the squad onside as well as the fans and moved along nicely.

Koeman hasn't.

Why give him more time via transfer windows? He's the head coach isn't he? He's supposed to coach the players at his disposal via Steve Walsh

So the other 2 and half seasons don't count?

A predominantly possession based side now cannot string 3 passes together.

Kinda proves the criticisms of Koeman that he's getting players to play a way theyre not suited to

That possession football got us two consecutive bottom half finishes, one of the worst home record on record and did nothing but in reality. Fancy football means nothing without the grit to see out results.

Koeman is absolutely within his rights to change the system and use his own players to fit it. The players got us a bottom half finish playing 'possesion' and are now getting us bottom half playing press and direct. I think it says more of the players than the manager. What system are they actually suited to? Does anybody really know? And if Koeman doesn't know then he should get players who should.

You could compare Koeman performance with Conte at Chelsea.

Both have gone into clubs where players got their previous managers the sack and there is a considerable toxic presence in the squad.

Content has assessed his squad, made tactical adjustments, got some of the squad onside as well as the fans and moved along nicely.

Koeman hasn't.

Why give him more time via transfer windows? He's the head coach isn't he? He's supposed to coach the players at his disposal via Steve Walsh

Which players are there in the Chelsea team who haven't won a title?

And then what? What's the long term solution to this problem? Unsworth? I'd love it to work but he's got zero managerial experience beyond youth level except the odd isolated game as a caretaker manager. That sounds like a massive risk to me to make such an appointment based on sentiment and it could destroy his prospects of ever making it as a manager to jump in before he's ready. And what happens if results don't improve under Rhino? Does he get the push after fifteen game's?

That possession football got us two consecutive bottom half finishes, one of the worst home record on record and did nothing but in reality. Fancy football means nothing without the grit to see out results.

Koeman is absolutely within his rights to change the system and use his own players to fit it. The players got us a bottom half finish playing 'possesion' and are now getting us bottom half playing press and direct. I think it says more of the players than the manager. What system are they actually suited to? Does anybody really know? And if Koeman doesn't know then he should get players who should.

I know this. I'm not talking about what works or doesn't to get results, I'm saying that these players could play football and keep the ball. Now they dont.

Yes, it says the players cant play Koeman's style. The problem then is what has Koeman done to adjust it. Nothing.

You suggested that from January 2016 back we were playing exciting free flowing goal scoring football on the regular I said we scored 48 goals in 14/15. To me that opinion and that fact don't get along too well.

Did I?

I cant seem to find that.

I remember saying we used to keep possession, pass the ball, and had an attacking threat.

This "exciting free flowing goal scoring football on the regular" is just something you've made up.

Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back