Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bored now of Koeman, just sits there and seems to have no interest, talks utter rubbish, something we lambasted Martinez for and his results are terrible, lets face it he didnt care about Southampton so we are deluded if we think he is suddenly going to care about us.

I know this. I'm not talking about what works or doesn't to get results, I'm saying that these players could play football and keep the ball. Now they dont.

Yes, it says the players cant play Koeman's style. The problem then is what has Koeman done to adjust it. Nothing.

Most managers don't change their style. A few tweaks here and there, but on the whole they won't. Even the most successful.

Where has the rumours about him only working 3 days a week and leaving early come from? I want to believe it obviously to fuel my dislike of him, but I've never seen where he has said this. Can someone link it?

He admitted it post match on the ESPN stream chatting to some American woman.

You could compare Koeman performance with Conte at Chelsea.

Both have gone into clubs where players got their previous managers the sack and there is a considerable toxic presence in the squad.

Content has assessed his squad, made tactical adjustments, got some of the squad onside as well as the fans and moved along nicely.

Koeman hasn't.

Why give him more time via transfer windows? He's the head coach isn't he? He's supposed to coach the players at his disposal via Steve Walsh
Chelsea did have talent. Weve got Barkley and Cleverley...

The reality is he took over a team of soft minded wimpy heartless players :-( whether their "born blue" or "foreign mercenaries" from previous Manager :-( Reality we've 2 good players ie Gana and Lukaku and the rest are poor, inconsistant and brain dead :-( Koeman needs big support from Board room and fans and time so will give him that first season to try and rebuild and sort out the personal /players he has :-) Would love to see an evil clinical Manager who'd fine team for yesterdays loss and give their wages to local kids charity and say the same for next game if the players are so mediocre :-)

And then what? What's the long term solution to this problem? Unsworth? I'd love it to work but he's got zero managerial experience beyond youth level except the odd isolated game as a caretaker manager. That sounds like a massive risk to me to make such an appointment based on sentiment and it could destroy his prospects of ever making it as a manager to jump in before he's ready. And what happens if results don't improve under Rhino? Does he get the push after fifteen game's?
Honestly I'm just knee-jerking a little after this run of poor footy.

I want koeman to succeed just not seeing it right now, definitely needs time but i feel if we don't step up soon it's going to make things very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back