Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'm just knee-jerking a little after this run of poor footy.

I want koeman to succeed just not seeing it right now, definitely needs time but i feel if we don't step up soon it's going to make things very difficult.
It's understandable why your so annoyed mate, we all are. The football has been shocking and Koeman has played his part in that but if we're seriously going to talk about sacking him then the club should have a proper plan in place because just getting rid of the manager with no serious replacement in mind would be a disaster.

Yes I do, but neither came in with transfer windows in place. The first thing Moyes did was shop out Ginola and Gazza.

I'm looking for examples of a manager taking a team from massively underperforming as per expectation and having 1 window (at best) and turning them around in 15 games.
Tony Pulis when he went to Palace in 2013. He went there in late November when they were bottom and looked certainties to go down. He took over from Ian Holloway, who was similar in outlook to Martinez I think. Pulis had one transfer window (Jan 2014) and not only kept them up, but got them finishing 11th. He won the Premier League manager of the year as well.

You'd think someone getting paid as handsomely as he is would do more with training and being there more than 3 days a week.

I guess that's his "managerial style", don't have rapport with his players, don't be around to get what you want through to everyone, don't change things during the match and complain how players aren't doing what you want (whatever that is) during the match then still play them weekly.

You'd think someone getting paid as handsomely as he is would do more with training and being there more than 3 days a week.

I guess that's his "managerial style", don't have rapport with his players, don't be around to get what you want through to everyone, don't change things during the match and complain how players aren't doing what you want (whatever that is) during the match then still play them weekly.

Basically, Moshiri bent over backwards to fetch him here and as in any walk of life, a person headhunted so relentlessly has a grossly inflated sense of their own worth and act as if they are a cut above those around them.

The old fashioned type of football manager would rarely be at home if his team was in the kind of slump we are in.

And that flaming brother of his...is he Steve Round in disguise?

Tony Pulis when he went to Palace in 2013. He went there in late November when they were bottom and looked certainties to go down. He took over from Ian Holloway, who was similar in outlook to Martinez I think. Pulis had one transfer window (Jan 2014) and not only kept them up, but got them finishing 11th. He won the Premier League manager of the year as well.
So far Allardyce, Pulis and Conte.

So far Allardyce, Pulis and Conte.
Ranieri, Steve mclaren at derby at the moment. [Poor language removed] advocaat at Sunderland a couple of years ago. So in short, quite a lot of managers at quite a lot of clubs.

We need to get away from the idea that Koeman was left a mess. He really wasn't. He was left a squad which needed a few quality additions and some good coaching to get up sniffing around the top 4/5. Unfortunately there has been little to suggest that we've had either of those things so far.

Obviously sacking someone at this stage seems absurd, but I honestly don't think he has long to turn it round. A run of 1 win in say 15 games is seriously frightening, and if we get to that stage I'm not sure we could justify showing faith in him.

Ranieri, Steve mclaren at derby at the moment. [Poor language removed] advocaat at Sunderland a couple of years ago. So in short, quite a lot of managers at quite a lot of clubs.

We need to get away from the idea that Koeman was left a mess. He really wasn't. He was left a squad which needed a few quality additions and some good coaching to get up sniffing around the top 4/5. Unfortunately there has been little to suggest that we've had either of those things so far.

Obviously sacking someone at this stage seems absurd, but I honestly don't think he has long to turn it round. A run of 1 win in say 15 games is seriously frightening, and if we get to that stage I'm not sure we could justify showing faith in him.

Disagree with that. The squad is awful and has been terribly overrated for some time now.

Disagree with that. The squad is awful and has been terribly overrated for some time now.
I think some people mistake the squad being unbalanced for it being rubbish.

Talking solely about players we were linked with in the summer, I think hart, van dijk, mata and another striker could have catapulted us up the league. There wil obviously have been many other (possibly cheaper) options too.

Don't underestimate how much better our other midfielders/wide players would look if we had a genuine creative threat in there pulling the strings, or how much better off we'd be with a keeper who consistently won us points instead of losing them.

If people really think Watford and West Brom have better squads than us, I think their hatred for this lot is seriously clouding their judgement.

The biggest problem I have with Koeman is that his side show no desire , fight or spirit and that's the least I expect from my team.

On top of that I genuinely cant work out how he is trying to play and there appears to be very little defensive organisation which , to be honest , shocks me.

Talking solely about players we were linked with in the summer, I think hart, van dijk, mata and another striker could have catapulted us up the league. There wil obviously have been many other (possibly cheaper) options too.

Don't underestimate how much better our other midfielders/wide players would look if we had a genuine creative threat in there pulling the strings, or how much better off we'd be with a keeper who consistently won us points instead of losing them.

If people really think Watford and West Brom have better squads than us, I think their hatred for this lot is seriously clouding their judgement.

Our squad is an abomination

Sadly i despise the vast majority of our squad. When they can't be arsed then that's it for me.

Talent is useless if the effort isn't there.

And it isn't. And hasn't been for a long long time.

He's shown absolutely no commitment to the club from the day he was supposed to have signed, when he was on holiday and couldn't even be bothered coming home for a day to be introduced to the press. Until now. He doesn't look remotely interested. A 3 day week WTF. Is there a miners strike on or something. For 6 million quid a year he should be working 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back