Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to keep repeating I'm far from convinced by the manager. But if players can't be arsed then what's he meant to do?

Ship them out. Which he can't do for a bit. And will take ages to get rid of those he wants out. And of course be replaced.

All of that doesn't help us right now though. We look broken. From top to bottom.
He should play some kids, at least they would give everything. Even if we get gubbed would we really be worse off than we are now, it's not like we're picking up many points anyway? Criticising the players efforts then basically selecting a team from the same 16 players over and over again is just weird.

this! Same players who weren't arsed with Martinez still aren't arsed with Koeman here. Bit tiresome how everyone assumes, having a different manager will magically fix everything. I guess because it's because it's easier to blame 1 individual than admitting the problems run deeper than that
Then what was the point of replacing the manager? If they are powerless to influence the players then they are just picking the formation (as many of them, including Ronnie, leave training to their coaching team) and the first team.

He should play some kids, at least they would give everything. Even if we get gubbed would we really be worse off than we are now, it's not like we're picking up many points anyway? Criticising the players efforts then basically selecting a team from the same 16 players over and over again is just weird.
...it's also insane

He should be on the blower all day today with the FA asking if there's anyway possible to forfeit Tuesdays match. I fear for our collective psyche having to watch Arsenal make children out of our lot.

Why does he 'have to do better with the players at his disposal'?

He's not a magician. These players are known failures/flops. These are players who finished bottom half last 2 seasons and who got caned 0-4 at Anfield last season. They're flakes. They wilt under pressure, they bottle it. It's in their mentality. You cannot coach this out of them. Simply put, they're not good enough for this football club and that has been proven to be the case over the last few seasons.

He should be allowed to get rid of them and get his own players in. That's a perfectly reasonable thing for a new manager to do.

People are still stuck with this old Evertonian mentality developed under Moyes of us not having any money and having to 'go with what we've got'.

We've got money now, like a normal football club with top 6 aspirations, and he should be given time to spend it in January and next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back