Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the way Bobby used to really get into the Blue Chrimbo events. I have yet to see fat Ron surprise a single old Evertonian by knocking on their door dressed up in a blue Santa's outfit.
And, whilst our team is not much chop at footie, they are great at doing the Blue Chrimbo thing.
I love Blue Chrimbo.

#thepeople'sclub

He should play some kids, at least they would give everything. Even if we get gubbed would we really be worse off than we are now, it's not like we're picking up many points anyway? Criticising the players efforts then basically selecting a team from the same 16 players over and over again is just weird.
If you take your walking stick he may play youlol

Then what was the point of replacing the manager? If they are powerless to influence the players then they are just picking the formation (as many of them, including Ronnie, leave training to their coaching team) and the first team.
I didn't say they were powerless but if these palyers gone through 2 managers who have differing personalites and the same players still don't care then those players need to go. Our squad just isn't all that good outside of Rom and Gana. People say we belong Top 6 but I don't think our squad is better than what Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Spurs,RS, and United have. 7-8th is the ceiling for this group of players. Next 2 windows are make or break for us

I didn't say they were powerless but if they've gone through 2 managers who have differing personalites and the same players still don't care then those players need to go. Our squad just isn't all that good outside of Rom and Gana. People say we belong Top 6 but I don't think our squad is better than what Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Spurs,RS, and United have. 7-8th is the ceiling for this group of players. Next 2 windows are make or break for us
I agree that we have a 7th or 8th place squad but we are already below that and I would be amazed if we are not bottom half in 8 days time. We have some dross to move on, agreed, so drop them to the reserves and give some kids ago. He should be managing the situation a lot better than he is for 6 million quid a year.

He won't be going anywhere we need to let him build his own side. Funnily enough the only other manager I would have wanted would have been Emery but I also doubt he would be getting much out of this current lazy spineless lot.

Lukaku, Gueye and Barkley aside I wouldn't care a jot who left the club.
Based on Emery taking over from Koeman at Valencia I'd confidently say he'd be getting one hell of a lot more out of this squad! In fact you'd be hard pushed to be getting less.

Based on Emery taking over from Koeman at Valencia I'd confidently say he'd be getting one hell of a lot more out of this squad! In fact you'd be hard pushed to be getting less.

Who knows, only thing I know is that the pressure will be immense on the lads in the Derby. If they roll over at Goodison against the filth I can see things going toxic.

I think Evertonians en masse would desert the club if Bainsey and Seamus's positions were made competitive. Those two are club legends and they will decide when they are ready to 'move on'.
I agree with you regarding Jags though. Fine footballer in his prime and a hell of an inspirational leader, but the reserve bench is his best position these days. But Seamus and Bainsey are (imo)the finest RB and LB in the PL. I'm expecting a few of the European elite will be pursuing their services come January. We can only hope that they stay loyal to the people's club.

#bluechrimbo

So koeman haters...if the worst does come to the worst, we get involved in a relegation struggle and he goes who would you have as his replacement ? Allardyce? Howe ? etc....lower prem managers and always will be..no fancy foreign managers would go near us..lets start early shall we ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back