Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with blue toff that the squad is very unbalanced,its a problem we have had since Moyes days,I think the timing of Koemans appointment didnt help and the people in charge of recruitment failed massively,but he needs to be seen to be doing something to stop the slide,be that a change of formation,tactics,personell just anything to show he is bothered,because if we reach the end of January and theres no real recruitment or change in fortune would you back this lot in a relegation battle?

What 'top' youngsters haven't been integrated already?

Davies is on the verge I'd say - Koeman sees him train with the first team every day and hasn't deemed him ready to come into a side low on confidence.

Holgate has been in the 18 or starting 11 every game this season.

The other youngsters aren't anywhere close to being ready.

Hence why Rodge thinks it was a "balls up" to hire him I suppose?

How do we know he isn't amazing in training and Koeman is just wrong?

I think we can only base our views on what we've seen, and from what we've seen, Davies has to be above all but Gana and Barry in the pecking order at this point, especially when Jimmy Mac and Tom The Clev have failed to impress and Gibson is so thoroughly unreliable

How Davies isn't on the bench right now is an utter mystery

I agree - though Seamus is our first choice and imo you don't lose your place due to injury.

Holgate is a centre-half who will be a full-back, but he made mistakes and still has a lot to learn.

I hope he gets more gametime. Same with Davies.

But I think it's pretty clear Koeman wanted to look at the experienced first-teamers and what they had to offer first. Which is a completely logical thing to do.

Now, if Davies comes into the team, he'll be hyped by our fans so much (and don't even argue he wouldn't be) that he couldn't possibly live up to expectations when he inevitably comes in and we get beat 3-0 or something.

It's a lot easier to bring youngsters into a team playing with confidence.

That being said, I do think he should be more involved, but that's based on a few U23 games I've seen and his minutes on the pitch for the first team. I don't see him day in day out.

So what you're saying is you'd rather play crap with senior players rather than give your or inexperienced players a chance they've earned and deserve?

Seamus didn't lose his place through injury as he didn't start the season, regardless of that and Holgate's age and natural position, Holgate was playing a lot better than what Coleman has played since he returned.

And who cares if Davies is hyped or not, more irrelevant chatter... he deserves to be ahead of Cleverly and McCarthy, under no circumstances should those 2 no marks be holding up his progression.

fat ginger biff

You're right. We were doing him a huge disservice by omitting mention of his strawberry blond locks

4928.jpg

"Cripesh, what short of color they are calling thish?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back