Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then walk away from the conversation pal.

We have improved. Your "one-off performance" is actually our sixth win of the season - hard to define a win as a one-off when there are five more of them in the book too. We are 7th so far, with a squad largely similar to last season.... so either the four players Koeman signed have done it all by themselves, or Koeman is having a positive impact as a coach. Or maybe 7th is worse than 11th? I don't know how that works, but you seem to have a firm grip on it.

What I do know is your WUMming is getting boring. I can't begin to imagine how angry you're going to be if we add a few more "one-off" wins to the list, or sign a couple of players in January who have absolutely zero impact, like Gana or Williams have done so far.

Have a lovely day on your planet.

giphy.gif

Put me on ignore then.

I give this many fks.

You're bowled over after a win, that's good but it has blinkered you from everything else. Go take your faux anger out on someone else.

You managed to personally insult me so please do not bother replying as you will be ignored. tit.

True. So it is unfair to call our manager's head now. Personally will give him two seasons.

Of course.

I am wary of giving a set amount of time. If its not working its not working but it is nowhere near that yet. last night could be a very big game for us, we will have to see what happens on Monday.

giphy.gif

Put me on ignore then.

I give this many fks.

You're bowled over after a win, that's good but it has blinkered you from everything else. Go take your faux anger out on someone else.

You managed to personally insult me so please do not bother replying as you will be ignored. tit.
You've been slinging insults out pal. Stop rolling around on the floor, looking at the ref.

As I have patiently tried to explain to you, before and after last night's match, the signs of improvement are there to see for anyone who cares to look at the season as a whole. I am NOT bowled over by one win, just the same as I do not call for managers to be sacked after any one loss - that's why i'm telling you the same now as I was BEFORE last night's result. I don't ignore five other wins just to suit my argument, whereas you have done exactly that, which is why you keep referring to yesterday as a "one-off" result when it's actually one of six wins so far.

You have got one thing right though - I need to put you on ignore. So bye bye.

Then walk away from the conversation pal.

We have improved. Your "one-off performance" is actually our sixth win of the season - hard to define a win as a one-off when there are five more of them in the book too. We are 7th so far, with a squad largely similar to last season.... so either the four players Koeman signed have done it all by themselves, or Koeman is having a positive impact as a coach. Or maybe 7th is worse than 11th? I don't know how that works, but you seem to have a firm grip on it.

What I do know is your WUMming is getting boring. I can't begin to imagine how angry you're going to be if we add a few more "one-off" wins to the list, or sign a couple of players in January who have absolutely zero impact, like Gana or Williams have done so far.

Have a lovely day on your planet.

Again, comparing 7th after a few months and 11th at the end of a season is pointless. Whatever side of the fence people are on we seem to lack patience!

I don't think it's Koeman's fault, but I felt (and still feel) he's the wrong guy to get any change out of these players. Make no mistake, I lay the form of our team solely at the door of our team. I did so under Martinez and I will do so under Koeman. The main reason we have achieved such poor results over the last couple of years is through sheer inertia and an inability to put in a shift when it matters.

Our football was ugly yesterday, but it was thrilling as hell. Fair play to Koeman for putting out such a weird team, but in the end it wasn't the system that won the day, it was a few crunching tackles here and there and some general blood and thunder. It remains very much to to be seen whether we can maintain that level of energy over a season, but I really hope we can.

I'm not a big fan of Koeman's, and I found his appointment to be uninspiring (I still do). But obviously I want him to succeed and have more nights like last night. Prove me wrong Ron.
So you didn't want Koeman, fair enough your entitled to your opinion but he's here mate. It was decided that he was the best man for the job by the people who runs this club who I'd like to think know more about football then me or you (though I sometimes really doubt that!). We can now do one of two things, first we can moan and get angry that a manager you don't want is here which won't change anything or you we can get behind the manager and see long term (not after every single result) what he can offer the club. I seriously never wanted Martinez to be our manager, I thought he was horribly overrated right from the start but I supported him as long as I could until it become so obviously clear he wasn't going to fix things that he had to go. I'd like to see everyone give Koeman some of the patience we afforded Martinez.

Very attention seeking isn't it when you feel the need to tell the forum you are putting someone on ignore, just do it, you don't need approval form your comrades.

The old 'I don't agree with you on ignore you go' chestnut. What is this playschool.

Last edited:
I keep saying, sticknwith this man. He's the right manager. He needs time to bring the right players in and get the team playing his way...

What I lived last night was Lukaku screaming at the midfield to press with him, then shouting at jags to press to...

Maybe the players are finally starting to understand.

So you didn't want Koeman, fair enough your entitled to your opinion but he's here mate. It was decided that he was the best man for the job by the people who runs this club who I'd like to think know more about football then me or you (though I sometimes really doubt that!). We can now do one of two things, first we can moan and get angry that a manager you don't want is here which won't change anything or you we can get behind the manager and see long term (not after every single result) what he can offer the club. I seriously never wanted Martinez to be our manager, I thought he was horribly overrated right from the start but I supported him as long as I could until it become so obviously clear he wasn't going to fix things that he had to go. I'd like to see everyone give Koeman some of the patience we afforded Martinez.

Especially since he inherited the mess that RM left us in.

Look, I was one of RM's biggest and longest supporters. I didn't cave until March - in fact it was the defeat to Arsenal that broke me after the West Ham game had knocked me to the ground.

The main worry I have is this squad has been so full of 'false dawns' over the past few years. Even last season, we thought the Chelsea game in the cup would spur us on a week after the West Ham defeat, only to go and capitulate against Arsenal a week later. That has to change this time.

Koeman has a lot of work to do, and he's made mistakes. But it'll get there, slowly but surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back