Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...onald-koeman-mark-clattenburg-everton-arsenal

Wenger claimed the first corner should not have been awarded when a header by Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Everton’s 19-year-old debutant, appeared to have been deflected wide.

“The referee made his decision but that does not explain why we did not head the ball. I am really disappointed in Mr Clattenburg. He is in a really good position to see it and it is not the first time we are really unlucky with his decisions.”

His complaint on Tuesday night prompted a sarcastic response from Koeman, who was involved in a tunnel bust-up with the Arsenal manager while in charge of Southampton last season and delighted in Everton’s first win in six matches. “I am not surprised about Wenger and his comments,” the Everton manager said. “It is the third time in a row I won at home against Arsenal as a manager and three times in a row it was about the referee. I’m sorry, Arsenal – we won through the referee’s decision. I’m sorry.”

tumblr_mcxv4dPzqc1qfhv39o2_500.gif

I will take it on the chin because we won, that's all that matters at the end of the day. Let's see what the future holds instead of pretending we have turned a corner on the back of 1 result.
Sensible post. imagine the turnaround in the reaction if we lose Monday
Loved the win last night but I wouldn't be getting carried away just yet. Nothing to suggest we will hit a good run just yet.

Sensible post. imagine the turnaround in the reaction if we lose Monday
Loved the win last night but I wouldn't be getting carried away just yet. Nothing to suggest we will hit a good run just yet.

Exactly, yet I'm getting ripped to shreds because apparently everything is all ok. Doesn't work like that, still got to play like that every game, if we do we will be more than fine, if we don't we will be bottom half again.

That goes for Koeman too, he was much more animated last night, that's what we want too see. Let's hope it continues but not turned around yet by any stretch.

Exactly, yet I'm getting ripped to shreds because apparently everything is all ok. Doesn't work like that, still got to play like that every game, if we do we will be more than fine, if we don't we will be bottom half again.
Ah we will never always agree with each other. Be a pretty boring place if we need . Trick is to just stop replying with someone who has different views . Can be like talking to a child in here at times . waste of time.

Ah we will never always agree with each other. Be a pretty boring place if we need . Trick is to just stop replying with someone who has different views . Can be like talking to a child in here at times . waste of time.

Quite difficult when the hyenas are circling. So funny after a good result and they call us knee jerkers lol

So you didn't want Koeman, fair enough your entitled to your opinion but he's here mate. It was decided that he was the best man for the job by the people who runs this club who I'd like to think know more about football then me or you (though I sometimes really doubt that!). We can now do one of two things, first we can moan and get angry that a manager you don't want is here which won't change anything or you we can get behind the manager and see long term (not after every single result) what he can offer the club. I seriously never wanted Martinez to be our manager, I thought he was horribly overrated right from the start but I supported him as long as I could until it become so obviously clear he wasn't going to fix things that he had to go. I'd like to see everyone give Koeman some of the patience we afforded Martinez.

Martinez earned that patience early on. Koeman will need to get a lot more of last night's performance out of this team before he earns it too. Like I said, I want him to succeed. Last night was incredible, if he gets us firing like that most weeks you'll get no argument from me.

That goes for Koeman too, he was much more animated last night, that's what we want too see. Let's hope it continues but not turned around yet by any stretch.

Bingo.

Soak the win in and it should give us a spring.

But still need to improve. Scrapping with arsenal is fine. They're a side that doesnt like it ”up em". But having it out with a Watford etc only gets you so far. Need to have that cleverness and quality.

Quite difficult when the hyenas are circling. So funny after a good result and they call us knee jerkers lol
Ah yea iv had the bingo bus lads gang up on me just to get their likes up. Worse than Facebook at times.
We will enjoy that win last night but won't get carried away just yet. Nice been on here this morning and reading positive threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back