Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough pal

I'm not getting carried away.

My main point has been that what occurred last night is the performance that Koeman has been demanding.

It's that intensity and aggression that he wants, and that in turn will allow the decent togger to be played.

To ensure that the team keeps this up consistently, there needs to be more players better suited to that style brought in - and players that will allow us to win games in different ways. But the fundamentals need to be right first. For two years those fundamentals have been missing.

Not going to disagree, as long as they keep up that level of performance in the rest of the games, happy days.

Look I don't want another Koeman vs Martinez debate as it's been done to death recently but their starts as manager's for us are apples and oranges. Martinez had a really good side when he first arrived here plus was given decent funds in the transfer market and with some tweaking we shocked a fair few people that season. Koeman has been left a piss poor side that needs to be completely revamped and was totally let down in the summer transfer market by the club. If the players show the level of fight and pride they did last night then more of them MIGHT stay around a little longer. I Just think we owe any new manager the some time to make his mark at this club (unless it's a complete disaster and I'm sorry but Koemans run doesn't even come close to that for me).
The manager and the players last night done the complete opposite of what they have been doing recently with their 'passive' behavior and look what we can do. Koeman was Screaming, shouting, all game. I personally loved his performance last night.
More of the same please!!!

The manager and the players last night done the complete opposite of what they have been doing recently with their 'passive' behavior and look what we can do. Koeman was Screaming, shouting, all game. I personally loved his performance last night.
More of the same please!!!

Those of us who have criticised the manager are not allowed to enjoy a win apparently. lol.

Reactions: JLW

It's ok Mikey if it makes them feel better, bring it on.I'm still enjoying the feeling we won.

And I'm still not convinced on Koeman...And what!!

32584220.jpg

Just noting the above - Martinez was left a confident and well drilled side and was able to add Lukaku. Koeman was left a defensively weak and lacklustre side with it's confidence shot and was not able to bolster in his first window.

Lots more time for me.

The ones that he has brought in have, by and large, been our most impressive players.

It bodes well. He knows who to get to fit his system.

Yesterday was the first time since probably Spurs that the rest of them showed they are capable of adapting.

The ones that he has brought in have, by and large, been our most impressive players.

It bodes well. He knows who to get to fit his system.

Yesterday was the first time since probably Spurs that the rest of them showed they are capable of adapting.

I thought the second half against WHU was decent as well, I remember saying at the time that they had set a benchmark then but they reverted to type next game.

Some of the teds, who before last night, were calling for his head or cry arseing about he's got a X number of games or he should be sacked, need to go sit in a darkened room and give themselves a month off the internet ffs.

He's going to need time to shape his own side and get them playing the way he wants them to play - on a consistent basis.

He's had 16 league games and we sit in 7th chaps. Hardly a disaster despite some crap results and performances so far this season. He took over a complete shambles, and a group of players who'd been cuddled for 2 years, and lead to believe that half arsed performances were 'phenomenal'. Turning that around both physically and mentally was never going to be a 2 minute task.

The bloke needs the next 2 windows to put his own squad together and create the kind of winning mentality that's been sorely lacking at the club for ages. Last night was a start, but I'm not going to predict that it's a milestone moment, we need to stand back and give the bloke a chance to build something at Goodison.

Those of us who have criticised the manager are not allowed to enjoy a win apparently. lol.
I have criticized him a lot without wanting to get rid of him, I wanted him to show he cares as much as us which he did last night. If we are playing beautiful free-flowing football then he can sit back and relax in the dugout. When we are not, I want him barking orders to the players to change the situation.

Lots of name calling from the apologists I've noticed, what happened to civilised debate, where it was acceptable to have a differing opinion.

For me.

What Koeman proved last night was that he could actually motivate the players. He got them fighting, massive improvement from recent weeks. It might have been the lights or the TV cameras or whatever reasonings given but the fact is the team cared about fighting Arsenal.

Probably not enough credit is given here either that Koeman's (ok fairly obvious) tactics to beat Arsenal worked as well. Show that sort of fight more often and we can turn this season around which would be a bloody good achievement based on 2 months of results.

finally with the young lad getting on, Koeman showed he is willing to go with the crowd in a game. To bring the lad on with goodison rocking and we were chasing a winner? Perfect time to bring him on, not the best sub we could have made there but the fans certainly wanted him over others brought on and Koeman reacted with that good feeling.

all in all i think i am not the only one with a bit of a change in view based on the team now, and moving forward to monday, we turn up like that and hold firm then you start to believe even just a little bit, we can go and do it, and really kick start the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back