Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, yet I'm getting ripped to shreds because apparently everything is all ok. Doesn't work like that, still got to play like that every game, if we do we will be more than fine, if we don't we will be bottom half again.

That goes for Koeman too, he was much more animated last night, that's what we want too see. Let's hope it continues but not turned around yet by any stretch.

I don't think anybody is ripping you to shreds mate

Yeah, it's only one win and we had to fight for it, so it's hardly proof one way or another regards to Koeman, but I'm going to enjoy it, and his utter slap down of Wenger, while I can!
Great post. Recent form says it probably won't change anything, but let's wait and see. I don't think he's the right man, personally, but that win yesterday should give everyone a stay. Arsenal are a VERY good team with one of, if not the best, player in the Premier League. Knives should be sheathed.

Yeah, it's only one win and we had to fight for it, so it's hardly proof one way or another regards to Koeman, but I'm going to enjoy it, and his utter slap down of Wenger, while I can!

Yeah, this really. Don't know why, but I had about 10 minutes there where I was more concerned with being consistent about my Koeman stance than enjoying the fact that Everton absolutely smashed into Arsenal like a freight train and won.

I will take it on the chin because we won, that's all that matters at the end of the day. Let's see what the future holds instead of pretending we have turned a corner on the back of 1 result.

What? You will take an Everton win on the chin, I find it difficult to believe any Blue would come out with a remark like that, as for the rest of your post, 'we will see what the future holds' I don't think there's any doubt that you're hoping for a run of losses and a sacked manager, then we can start all over again. I normally ignore whoppers like you on here, but this post wins my award for the most ignorant, crass, half hearted Evertonian of the year, just in time for Christmas.

What? You will take an Everton win on the chin, I find it difficult to believe any Blue would come out with a remark like that, as for the rest of your post, 'we will see what the future holds' I don't think there's any doubt that you're hoping for a run of losses and a sacked manager, then we can start all over again. I normally ignore whoppers like you on here, but this post wins my award for the most ignorant, crass, half hearted Evertonian of the year, just in time for Christmas.

ok mate x

You have awards, interesting.

Guys I think we all need to just calm down and take some time to reflect, whilst we burn @Blue Cheese in a giant wicker cheese toastie for his lack of faith in our glorious Dutch leader/tyrant

Seems only fair to me...

It's ok Mikey if it makes them feel better, bring it on.I'm still enjoying the feeling we won.

And I'm still not convinced on Koeman...And what!!

Less of the name calling.

I'm overjoyed that we won, but if you put that in the sequence of previous results we are still in relegation form. I just hope that this is the kick-start that we needed and we can go on and get a run of good results. Koeman had a similar thing with Southampton with a string of good-bad-good form so he's got 'form' so to speak. Think I said form to many times, might be turning into Miranda Hart...FORM! :Blink:

Problem is if we get smashed on Monday we will be back to square one. I'm not going to think about it though I'm just happy we got the points and my new target is get to 40 so we just 17 from saftey now.

You wouldn't toff!

Maybe not ripped to shreds but I came on here and was nothing but positive this morning but a few of them were in the wings waiting, instead of enjoying the result. Bit weird.

fair enough pal

I'm not getting carried away.

My main point has been that what occurred last night is the performance that Koeman has been demanding.

It's that intensity and aggression that he wants, and that in turn will allow the decent togger to be played.

To ensure that the team keeps this up consistently, there needs to be more players better suited to that style brought in - and players that will allow us to win games in different ways. But the fundamentals need to be right first. For two years those fundamentals have been missing.

Martinez earned that patience early on. Koeman will need to get a lot more of last night's performance out of this team before he earns it too. Like I said, I want him to succeed. Last night was incredible, if he gets us firing like that most weeks you'll get no argument from me.
Look I don't want another Koeman vs Martinez debate as it's been done to death recently but their starts as manager's for us are apples and oranges. Martinez had a really good side when he first arrived here plus was given decent funds in the transfer market and with some tweaking we shocked a fair few people that season. Koeman has been left a piss poor side that needs to be completely revamped and was totally let down in the summer transfer market by the club. If the players show the level of fight and pride they did last night then more of them MIGHT stay around a little longer. I Just think we owe any new manager the some time to make his mark at this club (unless it's a complete disaster and I'm sorry but Koemans run doesn't even come close to that for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back