Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm officially worried. A broken team both physically and mentally and a manager who can't consistently get them up for games.
We're at home to a team who are in our league ffs, not 3 divisions above us, we lose Macarthy and turn to jelly. There's absolutely no excuse for our fitness levels to be so poor. We never believed we could win. In a game that most are saying both teams didn't deserve to win or lose...we lose. It's always been the same, we bottle it every time when it's a battle of wills.

How many players we need? I don't know, but who are we going to get and more to the point, who wants to come?

Bit of an over reaction for me.

Had a decent first half and we looked up for it, which dispels the theory they weren't up for it.

We are just lacking quality apart from the obvious 3-4 players who are constantly decent such as Gana and Coleman.

People really think that a team who finished 11th last two years with the same players are suddenly playing good football with a new manager.

Wake up, with players like Lennon Barry and Valencia who is useless you can't change anything. Barry looked like a grandpa when he came on and the other option was Cleverley. If we really wanna go somewhere than we have to get rid of 4 or 5 players en change them for at least 3 players. then we can judge this manager.

Leicester went from nearly relegated to Champions with a new manager over a summer.

Bit of an over reaction for me.

Had a decent first half and we looked up for it, which dispels the theory they weren't up for it.

We are just lacking quality apart from the obvious 3-4 players who are constantly decent such as Gana and Coleman.
Over reaction? We got beat mate...again. You did see the second half didn't you? Tell me that wasn't concerning.

Koeman's tactics are questionable aren't they. Combat Liverpool's pressing by hoofing it over the top to the bloke who's weakest part of his game is holding the ball up.
Try and beat Chelsea by matching the system player for player with a couple of training sessions on it and get hammered.
Not looking good. When you compare the improvement Klopp has made to a group of under performing players we've been lumbered with someone bereft of ideas and needs a transfer window to bring more Bolasie and Sissoko types who aren't good enough.
What is Koeman's style of football? Does anyone know? Are we just hoofing it from now on? Dark days indeed.

bringing on a young striker in a derby who has had only minutes of prem football and playing him on the wing , the wing which the opposition are having most joy down , when you have a player like mirallas on the bench , that's worrying.
that was a really bad decision imo.

Koeman's tactics are questionable aren't they. Combat Liverpool's pressing by hoofing it over the top to the bloke who's weakest part of his game is holding the ball up.
Try and beat Chelsea by matching the system player for player with a couple of training sessions on it and get hammered.
Not looking good. When you compare the improvement Klopp has made to a group of under performing players we've been lumbered with someone bereft of ideas and needs a transfer window to bring more Bolasie and Sissoko types who aren't good enough.
What is Koeman's style of football? Does anyone know? Are we just hoofing it from now on? Dark days indeed.

Annoys the crap out of me this

There's a difference from taking over a under performing squad and simply a crap one

Courtino, Lallana, Frimino, Sturridge, Mane as his forward options

We've got Barkley, Lukaku, Valencia, Lennon and Bolasie

I am still in the Koeman camp mainly because

1. I am not a knee jerker
2. Let him have a transfer window that they should be prepared for
3. Bring in his players that can and will play his system

Unless we are staring relegation in the face then time is needed. When he gets his players in then we will see if things gel if they don't then I will jump the queue and join the haters.
Won't be till at least mid-season.....next season.

What, you mean professional footballers who have or currently are representing their country at international level??

Yes, they're not Sunday league amateur's FFS.

I wouldn't trust any of our center mids playing the ball out from defence, Every single one of them are shocking on the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back