Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs a £100 million to bring in 3-4 top players in the starting 11. Absolutely sick of these bottlers.

Not including the goalkeeper Baines and Jags are finished. (Yet Baines is given a new deal.

Barry is finished (AGAIN given a new deal)

Lennon/Valencia/Mirallas are not good enough

Cleverly/Kone/Niasse/Besic all poor.

Lukaku, Barkley, Gueye, Mccarthy, Coleman, Bolasie and Williams are the only ones worth keeping in this squad. Deulofeu, Mori and Oviedo possibly as squad players.

Enforced doesn't mean he had to bring Barry on. He could have brought mirallas on and gone 442. It was painfully obvious in that last 15 mins of the first half we would get pummelled in the 2nd half
We would have lost 3-0 then everyone would have said he should have brought Barry on...

Koeman's tactics are questionable aren't they. Combat Liverpool's pressing by hoofing it over the top to the bloke who's weakest part of his game is holding the ball up.
Try and beat Chelsea by matching the system player for player with a couple of training sessions on it and get hammered.
Not looking good. When you compare the improvement Klopp has made to a group of under performing players we've been lumbered with someone bereft of ideas and needs a transfer window to bring more Bolasie and Sissoko types who aren't good enough.
What is Koeman's style of football? Does anyone know? Are we just hoofing it from now on? Dark days indeed.

Indeed. Koeman's type of player would suggest that we won't be playing any intricate football any time soon. Koeman's ideas are stuck in the 80's I think.

Volleying some of the wasters we have weighing us down currently and bringing in some quality players will see us improve, but I'm disappointed he hasn't really been able to get anything great out of a relatively talented squad in half a season.

Annoys the crap out of me this

There's a difference from taking over a under performing squad and simply a crap one

Courtino, Lallana, Frimino, Sturridge, Mane as his forward options

We've got Barkley, Lukaku, Valencia, Lennon and Bolasie

I don't want to bang on about them I'm just making the point there is no sign of improvement anywhere and a good manager should be having an influence by now. We seem to be going backwards

Volleying some of the wasters we have weighing us down currently and bringing in some quality players will see us improve, but I'm disappointed he hasn't really been able to get anything great out of a relatively talented squad in half a season.

Do you really think this is a talented squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back