Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.5 years ago under Martinez we had a talented set of players. Apparently now theyre all crap. They can of all coincidentally get crap at the same time can you they.

You can be talented but not be able to apply that talent because of a weak mindset. Look at the likes of Cleverley - lauded for years by the likes of SAF but now a complete also-ran because he didn't have the temperament.

Everton have a squad full of people like that - the Aaron Lennon's, the Leighton Baines of this world. Whereas Liverpool bring in players who have an arrogance about them and a belief they'll win games right to the final minute.

When that goal went in, we didn't have a prayer of equalising, because we're Everton. Other way round, you'd still put money on that lot equalising. That's the difference.

When Lennon put the ball out for a throw in when he should have been ruthless and carried on, that summed up the Everton mindset. Koeman has made no impact in terms of changing it.

We set up for the draw the whole second half. We were gassed after the first 45.

We have a talented squad, but they have no determination, which is why they're at Everton I'm afraid.

It's going to take a while to gut the squad of the cowards; let's hope Moshiri has deep pockets.
I understand it's all well and good saying we need to buy the quality to take us forward but in our case I feel the situation is a bit catch 22. We need to be "overachieving" if you like to attract the quality we need to take us forward. As of now the only people we will be able to attract are the people like Schneiderlin/Depay who have shown previously the level they can produce is what is required but we are gambling so to speak that they will rediscover that form.

Gotta say, I've been seriously unimpressed with Koeman so far. Got his tactics horrendously wrong against Chelsea, on a Martinez-esque run of form, and genuinely playing the ugliest football I've ever seen. How can we expect to grow our reputation as a club when at this rate we're headed for another bottom half finish? Realistically our only chance of significant improvement to our squad is get lucky and unearth a gem, look to compete for a europa league place, or spend money (which I still doubt we have)

Before these two games if you'd have offered me two points I'd have bit your hand off. We got 3. Ok we lost the derby but it is what it is we never win them anyway. We go again till the window and get a few bits of quality in we'll see if Ron has it about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back