Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen far worse under Moyes and Martinez, And they had years with there squads

In terms of attacking intent I can't remember much worse than that second half. That's pretty much the benchmark for direness from now on. Even when we were getting slaughtered at Anfield under Martinez we actually created several chances. That last 45 minutes was a new low in terms of attacking ambition.

Honestly what was Calvert Lewin sub all about?

Seems our whole set up is to try and score goals by pure luck. Lumping balls aimlessly forward, hope that something falls our way, and hope that Lewin has some kind of Rashford golden touch.

Mirallas should have been on.

Calvert-Lewin was a aerial threat against Arsenal. He was more of a threat in that game, than what Mirallas and Deulofeu have been all season. He deserved his game time.

Out of position and we didn't play to his aerial strengths.

If all you want is to not concede, at home, against a side that leaks goals all over the place.
Did you think we looked like scoring?
Went have had problems going forward all season. .. the defensive side has improved. They never looked liked scoring either first half. It was always going to be a scrappy goal or a mistake which settled it. Koeman has been here a short time... let's see what January brings.

Upto Christmas and we still haven't put in a good performance for a full 90 minutes.

Too play a Goodison Derby like you're the away side is disgraceful, bullied all over the park.

Players still don't look fit, blowing out their arse after 30 minutes of football.

We have no impetus going forward, it's awful.

You don't have top be a quality player to actually put a shift in for 90 minutes and show a bit of passion, we had that 'lack of quality' against Arsenal and we didn't do too bad in that game.

Yes and we did that again but came up against a team with better players who played a lot better the second half. Its impossible to play good football with these players. Koeman wants his players to press but in the second half we lost every ball because of the lack of quality.

In terms of attacking intent I can't remember much worse than that second half. That's pretty much the benchmark for direness from now on. Even when we were getting slaughtered at Anfield under Martinez we actually created several chances.

Last derby, 0 shots on target

I know he had to bring someone on for McCarthy, but if we are going to put someone in midfield who won't contribute going forward, put Cleverly in. At least he would have ran his arse off and closed down like McCarthy did.

The United game could well have been Cleverly's last game for us, mate. Tbh, while I've always been a Barry fan, I hope that was his last appearance for us in a high tempo game.

Think it's time we give Barkley more responsibility in midfield or give Davies a chance in the middle. Until January anyway.

Upto Christmas and we still haven't put in a good performance for a full 90 minutes.

Too play a Goodison Derby like you're the away side is disgraceful, bullied all over the park.

Players still don't look fit, blowing out their arse after 30 minutes of football.

We have no impetus going forward, it's awful.

It's not like that's a new thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back